key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-24-2010, 08:20

Default Re: Doggie Bows

Did you make the strawberry outfit to match the bow? I really need to know how to make that for my Libby
Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2010, 08:28

It took me 2 yrs to get that answer..it wasn't until I started showing my little girl that someone shared that with me and it's plastic tubing. Keep in mind when making doggie bows the proper size all depends on the dog's size of head if doing show style.

Here is my Lexie as a pup in her first show

Last edited by yorkiemom; 04-22-2010 at 11:59.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by the*clippie*queen View Post
Hi there! I make them as payment for my groomer when she grooms my shih-tzu Baylee! I included a few pics. They are super easy to make. I use 5/8" ribbon but if you are making for large dogs you can use 7/8". Just make the bow and then glue to a small elastic band, and cover with the small 1/8" ribbon. Let me know if you have any questions!
Thanks so much for your help! LOVE your doggie bows! Your dog is so precious! I have an English Bulldog, so her hair is too short for bows ... What kind of rubber bands do you use? Do you use the grooming bands that you buy at PetSmart and other pet stores?
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom View Post
trying to attach pic

How did you make the bumble bee bow? I'd love to learn! Thank you!
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 03-24-2010, 01:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by hays68 View Post
Did you make the strawberry outfit to match the bow? I really need to know how to make that for my Libby
Actually I got the outfit at WalMart! Then realized I had pink ribbon with strawberries to match! Wish I would have gotten a better pic though!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
Thanks so much for your help! LOVE your doggie bows! Your dog is so precious! I have an English Bulldog, so her hair is too short for bows ... What kind of rubber bands do you use? Do you use the grooming bands that you buy at PetSmart and other pet stores?
Thanks so much! My Baylee is my baby! I just use the cheap ones from Walmart.....that was what my groomer was using before I made her bows. Haven't ever had one break yet and no complaints! They are made by Goody I think. You could always put the bow on her collar! Have a great day!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:54

The bumble bee bow is just grosgrain ribbon size 7/8 with a bee center bottom ribbon is 5 inches top is 4.

As far as bands go, I only use bands I get from Show Off products (google it for site) you pay more but they last forever and a nice choice of colors! Again, size of bands depends on dogs hair, yorkies use either 1/4 or 5/16 med weight; dogs with alot more hair would use the 3/8. I would be happy to make anyone the type of dog bows I do, I'm probably the only one that makes them very cheap.

Cindy
Old 03-24-2010, 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiemom View Post
It took me 2 yrs to get that answer..it wasn't until I started showing my little girl that someone shared that with me and it's plastic tubing. Keep in mind when making doggie bows the proper size all depends on the dog's size of head if doing show style.

Here is my Lexie as a pup in her first show
OMG she is the cutest thing...I love yorkies my dad used to have a mayfair kennel long time ago..... but Dh doesn`t like dogs and I preffer not listening to him whinning about the pup than having one LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 03:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by the*clippie*queen View Post
Thanks so much! My Baylee is my baby! I just use the cheap ones from Walmart.....that was what my groomer was using before I made her bows. Haven't ever had one break yet and no complaints! They are made by Goody I think. You could always put the bow on her collar! Have a great day!
Great idea! I will have to put some on her collar! Thanks for your help with the bows and rubber bands!
Sponsored Links