Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 04-13-2012, 09:54
Default Re: Tutu best tulle

Originally Posted by erinleigh View Post
I have made quite a few tutus and found what I like through trial and me it seems the tulle on the roll is stiffer, but it used to be a lot quicker to cut..I took some form board and cut it the length i wanted the skirt to be (well double since I do the fold and tie method), wrapped and then snip each end..done...The tulle by yard took me forever to cut until I got one of those cardboard sewing mats...Now it's a lot quicker, I should get one of those arm cutters, but for now it works...the tulle isn't always perfectly cut, but with so much you can't really tell...I have done a couple different methods of wrapping the waist too and what I found works the best is actually tulle..I was using ribbon, but I ran out and decided to try tulle..worked great and super easy to use..I just made two skirts with organza for Easter for my daughter and my cousin's turned out super cute !!! The organza of course will fray, but who cares..I tried that no fray in a bottle and that just made a huge mess..I am still getting up the nerve to turn on the sewing

I hope the pictures do justice to them

They look super cute to me
Sponsored Links