150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 06-21-2010, 05:30
Banned

Default Re: Tutu best tulle

http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-make-...00000008041642

This is the tut I started with and just tweaed it here and there until my tutus came out the way I wanted them to look.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyancer View Post
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-make-...00000008041642

This is the tut I started with and just tweaed it here and there until my tutus came out the way I wanted them to look.
This is perfect! Exactly what I was after! Thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 02:03

Quote:
I Get all my tulle from Angel baby tutus, I've tried 4 or 5 other places and her's is by far the softest tulle I've ever used. Also, be carefully using Favorfranzy, I've had problems multiple times when it comes to getting them to ship me any back ordered tulle. As far as the time goes, I can actually do a sewn tutu faster then I can a tied one, pluse I personally think sewn tut's hold up better in the long run...

I have asked several times for the softest tulle and didn't get many responses. Since I did not like the Michaels tulle or tulle by the yard. I read about Angel baby tutus. I placed a small order just to try it out. My package is in transit so as soon as I get I will see if I like the softness of the tulle.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:19

So are you just wrapping ribbon around you rknots or sewing it on? I have not yet fgured out the proper way to do it but yours looks really cute.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:08

This is good info. My problem is I bought some tulle from my local fabric store and it was way to soft. The tulle kept sticking and getting knotted together. In my opinion it is to soft. I have another tutu that I bought my daughter from Hannas tutus a couple of years ago and it's perfect. It's not really soft like the tulle I bought it's actually stayed nice. the tutu I made her from that really soft tulle is horrible now, its a tangled mess. So I want a tulle that's inbetween, not to soft and not to rough. I bought some tulle last week and a hole in the wall flower supply (don't know what brand it was) and it felt nice it wasn't as soft as the tulle I hated.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41

Quote:
I Get all my tulle from Angel baby tutus, I've tried 4 or 5 other places and her's is by far the softest tulle I've ever used. Also, be carefully using Favorfranzy, I've had problems multiple times when it comes to getting them to ship me any back ordered tulle. As far as the time goes, I can actually do a sewn tutu faster then I can a tied one, pluse I personally think sewn tut's hold up better in the long run...
Why does is say "Banned" under this persons name?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:19

marking
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftista View Post
Here is a picture of tiny tutu that I made for my son's teacher baby shower. Everybody loved it!!! I used 32 tripple layer strips of tulle. How many strips do you use?
What do you mean by tripple layer????
Old 04-13-2012, 12:25

I have made quite a few tutus and found what I like through trial and error...to me it seems the tulle on the roll is stiffer, but it used to be a lot quicker to cut..I took some form board and cut it the length i wanted the skirt to be (well double since I do the fold and tie method), wrapped and then snip each end..done...The tulle by yard took me forever to cut until I got one of those cardboard sewing mats...Now it's a lot quicker, I should get one of those arm cutters, but for now it works...the tulle isn't always perfectly cut, but with so much you can't really tell...I have done a couple different methods of wrapping the waist too and what I found works the best is actually tulle..I was using ribbon, but I ran out and decided to try tulle..worked great and super easy to use..I just made two skirts with organza for Easter for my daughter and my cousin's daughter..it turned out super cute !!! The organza of course will fray, but who cares..I tried that no fray in a bottle and that just made a huge mess..I am still getting up the nerve to turn on the sewing machine..lol...

I hope the pictures do justice to them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04261.jpg (55.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04358.jpg (51.6 KB, 47 views)
Old 04-13-2012, 08:26

Saving this thread. Thanks for the site.
Sponsored Links