Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-22-2010, 03:31

Default Help with wipe cases.

Ok so yesterday at 3 am, I was still up chaperoning a teenager. :-) While she was watching a movie I decided to try my first diaper wipe case. I did an ok job until I realized, at the very end, that I forgot to iron the fabric I used for the front!!!

My question is....I had to cut fabric about 2 times to fit the front. I don't understand what I did wrong. I laid the case out like an open book, like I've seen in every tutorial, traced the outside generously, leaving a little bit of fabric, and still it was too small. You can't tell by the view I showed but there are a couple of spots that you can just barely still see the case. It frustrates me because i know they are there.

Any suggestions?

PS will the fabric on front ever unwrinkle itself from use? Or am I going to be using a shabby chic diaper wipe case forever. HAHA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1792.jpg (36.3 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1793.jpg (31.5 KB, 139 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-26-2010, 12:14

Talking Re: Help with wipe cases.

When I make my wipe cases I do each side separately. Try making a template. When you trace the case take a pen and lay it against the wipe case while you us it to trace around the case. You will have access fabric to trim when done.
My website is www.my3angelwings.com if you would like to see some of mine.

Hope this helps!!
Kim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01467.jpg (71.2 KB, 110 views)
Old 03-26-2010, 08:30

Default Re: Help with wipe cases.

http://according-to-kelly.com/catego...case-tutorial/
Old 03-26-2010, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimlucas4 View Post
When I make my wipe cases I do each side separately. Try making a template. When you trace the case take a pen and lay it against the wipe case while you us it to trace around the case. You will have access fabric to trim when done.

Hope this helps!!
Kim
are your cases padded?
Old 03-26-2010, 01:19

I cut both sizes separetly too, I iron the fabric glue the batting then glue the fabric to the case and I just cut any excess with an exacto knife all around after glue is dry that way they are perfectly cover, I also have a template that I made with the same fabric after taking an old covered wipe case apart.

I hpoe it makes sense I'm really bad explaining things LOL
Old 03-26-2010, 01:30

Quote:

Hope this helps!!
Kim
I've always wanted to try to make one with the open top, have not had the time yet. (by the way, love the spoons: have crafty momma book with the instructions in it just haven't tried it.)
Old 03-26-2010, 03:51

I love your open top one! I think the mistake I made is I laid it out like a book and traced around it, I didn't leave enough room for the batting, so when I added the batting obviously the fabric won't fit, next time I'll leave my self more room :-) and I'll iron all the fabric at once! HAHA!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:55

PS where do you get trim like that? and what is it called. I checked at Michales and they told me they don't carry that. Is it at fabric stores?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:21

Quote:

Hope this helps!!
Kim

That is so stinkin' adorable! I love the fabric you used!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:12

I believe the trim you are referring to is gimp trim. You can get it at Joanns & some colors at Walmart, but ebay has it cheaper.
Sponsored Links

Tags
diaper, wipe case