Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Do any of you know how to make these? (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/4375-do-any-you-know-how-make-these.html)

saldanaaa 02-25-2008 12:09

Do any of you know how to make these?

1 Attachment(s)
Do any of you know how to make these? I know I need to thread and gather...but mine we're coming out horrible!!! I feel like I can make a really good flower this way...but for whatever reason my circles are BAD!!! Any advice? Thanks!!! bow:)

Attachment 1512

jymaldonado 02-25-2008 12:13

Re: Do any of you know how to make these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saldanaaa (Post 49642)
Do any of you know how to make these? I know I need to thread and gather...but mine we're coming out horrible!!! I feel like I can make a really good flower this way...but for whatever reason my circles are BAD!!! Any advice? Thanks!!! bow:)

Attachment 1512

How are your running your thread?

saldanaaa 02-25-2008 12:16

I'm just running it straight through the outside edge...doing it wrong?

jymaldonado 02-25-2008 12:25

Ok, this is how I do them. Hopefully it will make sense (I can't find my camera to take photos). I run them sort of along the edge, but not completely on the edge, I leave a little tiny bit of space. If you are using a wider ribbons, I found it you want to leave a fair amount of space everytime you stick your needles into the ribbon to thread. And when I gather the ribbon, if it looks odd (not totally circular), with the wrong face up, I sew the center to make it gather more properly.

saldanaaa 02-25-2008 01:03

Yes this makes sense...I'm going to try it once my twins go down for their nap!!! Thanks for your help!!! bow:)

cybr-chic 02-25-2008 05:02

those are totally cute we just came back from disneyland I wish I would have seen them earlier!

saldanaaa 02-25-2008 08:38

That's what I'm making them for, our trip to disneyland! LoL bow:)

RachL 02-25-2008 08:58

I have a store called 'Beverly's' near me that is like a Joanns. They have this little plastic thing that you use to guide you to make those. I forget what it's called. But it will give you perfect circles every time. Check by the quilting stuff. It comes in 'large' (the head) and 'small' (the ears).

vamdep 02-25-2008 09:28

Aren't they called YoYo's? If that's what it is here's a step-by-step tutorial with pics!