Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-20-2010, 02:02

Default a problem with shipping?

Hey ladies, maybe someone can help me out. Im trying to ship some ribbon out. i weighed it at home and calculated the shiping through USPS and it said it was 4.90 for cheapest shipping. So i took it over to the post office ready to ship and she said the cheapest was 13.99. I came home and weighed it again and again it said 4.90. What if i buy the label and print online, would they have to give me that price at the post office? Also i receive my stuff in those white thick plastic bags, i would like to use those cuz they are not heavy at all, what are those called? I asked for one and they gave me a heavy envelope that i didn't end up using.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-20-2010, 02:07

Default Re: a problem with shipping?

What are you shipping in, box/envelope, whats the weight of your pkg. and were are shipping to and from zips please
Old 03-20-2010, 02:17

Ok i have it in a zip lock bag right now and its from 90280 to 28660 and it weighs 2pounds 30 oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyBoutiqueq View Post
What are you shipping in, box/envelope, whats the weight of your pkg. and were are shipping to and from zips please
Old 03-20-2010, 02:31

I get @ $11 parcel post if you can find a small box. If it will fit in a small priority box or envelope it's $4.90
Quote:
Originally Posted by msiluvbows View Post
Ok i have it in a zip lock bag right now and its from 90280 to 28660 and it weighs 2pounds 30 oz
Old 03-20-2010, 02:40

ok what about those plastic envelopes? i didn't see them there but every time i order ribbon or supplies, it always comes in those. And yes i can get it to fit into one of those. Im gonna have to try again.. Thank you sooo much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyBoutiqueq View Post
I get @ $11 parcel post if you can find a small box. If it will fit in a small priority box or envelope it's $4.90
Old 03-20-2010, 02:46

If it's the poly bag provided by the post office the price varies based on weight, if you use your own it's less expensive. When an items is heavy and you can fit it in a small flat rate box or envelope that usually your best bet. Shipping can be your worst enemy I remember when I first started selling on ebay I ended paying more on shipping than I charged so I had to eat the cost on my first couple of shipments until I figured it out.
Quote:
ok what about those plastic envelopes? i didn't see them there but every time i order ribbon or supplies, it always comes in those. And yes i can get it to fit into one of those. Im gonna have to try again.. Thank you sooo much....
Old 03-20-2010, 03:53

Quote:
Poly mailers, I get them on Ebay, pretty cheap! They are supposed to not rip either and water proof.

Just a thought about your shipping problem, not sure if anyone addressed this or not, but, IF you print online and ship...IF your calcuations are off, I just wonder if your customer will get a bill in the mail from the post office having to pay for the difference or it get sent back to you? Just a though!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg