http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/lined-alligator-clips-with-teeth.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-rainbow-chevron-ribbon.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/1-25-satin-DIY-mini-bow-combo-1.jpg
new product--crochet hat

1.5' 7/8' Zebra New Colors

New products--peony new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-17-2010, 06:49

Default Glitter Flip Flops and Military Hats

Hello Everyone!

I was at the Mall of America this past weekend and was looking at spring clothes for my daughter. I LOVED the glitter flip flops that the Gap had. I went to two different Gaps and they didn't have her size

Does anyone know how to add glitter to the straps of flip flops so I can just do it myself at home? I want all colors so it may be more price affective for me to do it at home

Also - I am doing a bow party at the end of the month and another show at the beginning of next month. I've had requests for military hats - but I don't know where to get them for a good price. Can anyone help? I am always a day late and a dollar short for the group buys on here Story of my life ..........

Any help with the flip flops or the hats would be great!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57

Default Re: Glitter Flip Flops and Military Hats

I just got military hats from northeastclothing.com. I had read raves about these particular ones on a few posts here. Seriously, I ordered them yesterday and got them today! They are absolutely fabulous. Great quality and perfect for a woman's head. I did pay about 6ish a piece though with shipping but if I can sell them for $20 a pop it should be worth it Make sure you sign up for a wholesale account so you can get them cheaper. Think I read on here you can just use your social security number but i'm not for sure because i have a tax #. Hope that helps
Old 03-18-2010, 11:11

they are $4.53 each before shipping at the North East Clothing. I am wanting a few, maybe we could go in together to save shipping? Not sure how much that is

***If we order over $200,we get free shipping. I'm in Texas, it will get to me in 1 day if you want, I can get a few more people involved. Maybe a quick buy. Keep it open till Monday. just let me know
Old 03-18-2010, 11:22

northeastclothing is AWESOME!! I have been emailing them asking if they would carry charcoal... I think we should all bombard them w/ emails asking about kids military hats too!! They are 4.85 per hat and shipping usually cost $16+ per order. I can ship them to my customers for under $2 normally so I'm sure if lilamy did a gp you could save on shipping. AND YES they are SUPER fast shipping. I usually get my order the next day and that's just paying for regular shipping. Here are a few pics of mine.

On the flip flops... You could cover the straps with glitter ribbon. I haven't seen the gap ones you are talking about so I'll have to go look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Camo Hat straight view.jpg (68.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg hatsideviewA.jpg (51.4 KB, 31 views)
Old 03-18-2010, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
northeastclothing is AWESOME!! I have been emailing them asking if they would carry charcoal... I think we should all bombard them w/ emails asking about kids military hats too!! They are 4.85 per hat and shipping usually cost $16+ per order. I can ship them to my customers for under $2 normally so I'm sure if lilamy did a gp you could save on shipping. AND YES they are SUPER fast shipping. I usually get my order the next day and that's just paying for regular shipping. Here are a few pics of mine.

On the flip flops... You could cover the straps with glitter ribbon. I haven't seen the gap ones you are talking about so I'll have to go look.
your hats are cute! And if we order over $200, they ship to me free!

What size box do you use to ship them?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortin72 View Post
Hello Everyone!

I was at the Mall of America this past weekend and was looking at spring clothes for my daughter. I LOVED the glitter flip flops that the Gap had. I went to two different Gaps and they didn't have her size

Does anyone know how to add glitter to the straps of flip flops so I can just do it myself at home? I want all colors so it may be more price affective for me to do it at home

Also - I am doing a bow party at the end of the month and another show at the beginning of next month. I've had requests for military hats - but I don't know where to get them for a good price. Can anyone help? I am always a day late and a dollar short for the group buys on here Story of my life ..........

Any help with the flip flops or the hats would be great!! Thanks!
I haven't tried doing the straps yet for the flip flops...but you can try using a thin layer of fabric glue, then sprinkle some glitter on top of the fabric glue.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:48

I would like to try a few hats. How do you add the flowers to the hat? Kids hats would be so cute.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:00

I started a buy for the hats-
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...tary-hats.html
Old 03-18-2010, 02:38

[off topic]

Has anyone ever bought custom embroidered or screen printed T-shirts from Northeast Clothing? Were you happy with the experience?

[/off topic]
Old 03-18-2010, 03:01

Awesome!

I went to HL today and thier flip flops are on sale I bought a bunch - some to make for my daughter and some to sell at my show. I will post pics later tonight - I amgoing to work on them this afternoon.

Thanks for doing that buy!! I am still new looking around on this site and I don't know how to do the buys and stuff.

I love this site!!
Sponsored Links

Tags
glitter flip flops, military hats