Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE!

Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/)
-   How to make... (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/)
-   -   Tutus flowers and ribbon (http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-make/43333-tutus-flowers-ribbon.html)

bowsbymidge 03-16-2010 09:16

Tutus flowers and ribbon

Ok so I have gotten into making the tutus. They are so much fun. I would like to add the satin ribbon and flowers like I see on so many. Can anyone give me any direction on the best way to add these things to them. Is the flower removable or glued...Also if you have any links to wrapping with satin ribbon. I wasn't sure if the ones I have see with the big bow tied was wrapped with ribbon or if the tulle is tied to the ribbon. Please help...I used to have the directions from AngelBabes tutus, but I have lost them and cannot find them

ShellyBean80 03-16-2010 09:50

Re: Tutus flowers and ribbon

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowsbymidge (Post 479853)
Ok so I have gotten into making the tutus. They are so much fun. I would like to add the satin ribbon and flowers like I see on so many. Can anyone give me any direction on the best way to add these things to them. Is the flower removable or glued...Also if you have any links to wrapping with satin ribbon. I wasn't sure if the ones I have see with the big bow tied was wrapped with ribbon or if the tulle is tied to the ribbon. Please help...I used to have the directions from AngelBabes tutus, but I have lost them and cannot find them

I make tutus also. If I add a flower to the front, I put mine on alligator clips so that they can also interchange them with headbands, hats, etc. As far as the bow goes, I just tie the bow on the front, this way it's removable if they want to ever change the look of it. I do satin wrap waistbands if requested...it's kinda a pain in my opinion. But I use 1 1/2 satin ribbon and basically weave it around each knot (making sure you leave tails long enough to tie a bow if desired). Maybe this helps? You can check out my website for photos if you like. I know I have a close up photo of the satin wrapped waist if you want to see it. Have fun!

bowsbymidge 03-17-2010 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TutuFrilly (Post 479905)
I make tutus also. If I add a flower to the front, I put mine on alligator clips so that they can also interchange them with headbands, hats, etc. As far as the bow goes, I just tie the bow on the front, this way it's removable if they want to ever change the look of it. I do satin wrap waistbands if requested...it's kinda a pain in my opinion. But I use 1 1/2 satin ribbon and basically weave it around each knot (making sure you leave tails long enough to tie a bow if desired). Maybe this helps? You can check out my website for photos if you like. I know I have a close up photo of the satin wrapped waist if you want to see it. Have fun

I looked at you site...very cute tutus by the way...so when you add the bow do you just loop it under a couple of the knots to hold it in place?

ShellyBean80 03-17-2010 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowsbymidge (Post 480151)
I looked at you site...very cute tutus by the way...so when you add the bow do you just loop it under a couple of the knots to hold it in place?

Yes. This way it's easily removed if desired.