Free Instructions---------Free Instructions----------Free Instructions-----------Free Instructions.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/ribbon-korker-hair-bow-clip-instructions-sm.jpg
New Instructions--How to make braided/woven headband instruction
New Instructions--How to make hair bow gift basket
Free Hair Bow Instructions-Snail
Free Hair Bow Instructions--Christmas Tree
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/bee/bumble%20bee%20sm.jpg

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows

http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/xw-instruction-images/rainbow-ribbon-dragonfly-hair-clips-free-tutorial/dragonfly-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:41
Blingmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,240
Default Monogram buttons...

Where do you buy the buttons? I know I need to embroider my letters on fabric, I mean the button part? :-)

I saw some at HL but they were HUGE, I know those were not the right kind.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 746
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

You mean cover buttons? If so there is a group buy going on right now check it out the member pat font is running it
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-16-2010, 07:10
rufflesandribbon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: OKC
Posts: 2,585
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
Where do you buy the buttons? I know I need to embroider my letters on fabric, I mean the button part? :-)

I saw some at HL but they were HUGE, I know those were not the right kind.

Thanks!
You can either cover regular buttons (which usually end up looking just like "official" covered buttons) or you can buy covered buttons. They usually come in a kit at JoAnns or Hobby Lobby, Hancock etc. There are directions on the kit. They come in 5/8 inch up to 1 1/8 & sometimes 1 1/2 inch.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2010, 03:39
pat font's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

We are having a GB for these right now it should close at the end of this week and I use mines to make embroidered buttons for my streamers
See Pic
They are very easy and fun to make and you only need a tool for each size of buttons you want to make
Other option for using them are flowers centers and booby pins,paci clips etc
here is the link to the GB just in case you are interested we found great prices for these in bulk.
Much better than paying 3$ or 4$ for a kit of 4 pieces in joann`s or walmart


http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...-now-open.html

HTH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mis lazos y cholas 058.jpg (111.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg mis lazos y cholas 130.jpg (64.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (74.5 KB, 41 views)
__________________
Pat
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2010, 05:45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 451
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Pat,

What size are you using? I'm having a hard time trying to decide what size to get on the GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
We are having a GB for these right now it should close at the end of this week and I use mines to make embroidered buttons for my streamers
See Pic
They are very easy and fun to make and you only need a tool for each size of buttons you want to make
Other option for using them are flowers centers and booby pins,paci clips etc
here is the link to the GB just in case you are interested we found great prices for these in bulk.
Much better than paying 3$ or 4$ for a kit of 4 pieces in joann`s or walmart


http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/group...-now-open.html

HTH
__________________
Melissa
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08
Blingmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,240
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Thank you! monogram buttons are so cute! I can't do the gb right now, but hopefully I'll find a good deal on them soon. (waiting for tax refund)
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:36
pat font's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollywogbows View Post
Pat,

What size are you using? I'm having a hard time trying to decide what size to get on the GB.

Melissa what are you using them for?
All of those that you see monogramed in my pics above are number 60 which are 1 1/2" for me those are the ones that work perfect for paci clips and streamers too and I use number 45 for kansashi flowers centers as this one on the pic below
HTH
If you have any questions just pm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kansashi 1st try.jpg (40.0 KB, 11 views)
__________________
Pat

Last edited by pat font; 03-17-2010 at 09:41.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:38
pat font's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,337
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingmom View Post
Thank you! monogram buttons are so cute! I can't do the gb right now, but hopefully I'll find a good deal on them soon. (waiting for tax refund)
Don`t worry whenever you need some you can pm me and we can set another one....I am always ordering
__________________
Pat
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-17-2010, 09:38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 451
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Thanks a million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
Melissa all of those that you see monogramed in my pics are number 60 wich are 1 1/2" for me those are the ones that work perfect for paci clips and streamers too
HTH
If you have any questions just pm
__________________
Melissa
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2010, 02:10
Blingmom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,240
Default Re: Monogram buttons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat font View Post
Don`t worry whenever you need some you can pm me and we can set another one....I am always ordering

Will do! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.1.0
Hip Girl Boutique Instructions - Copyright © 2007

Ad Management by RedTyger