5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 08-24-2007, 06:17

Default How to make this bow?

Hi,

Can anyone help me with these bows. Just can't figure them out. Need pictures if possible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (5.9 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (11.2 KB, 64 views)
Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2007, 06:31

It looks like some kind of base bow then 3 loopies and the top looks like a twisted bow style. Are you familiar with bow techniques, or are you new?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:42

That was the only kind of bow I couldn't figure out just from looking at it so I had to purchase instructions. So sorry I can't help you.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:15

i posted somewhere about how to make the boutique fold. make 1 large 4-5" bow w/ 1.5" ribbon and 3 surround bow w/ 3/8" ribbon (same fold, just glue where the ribbons met no creases) and a 3-3 1/2" boutique folded bow for the top. stack each one and apply a tab of glue to each when stacking them and tie them all together.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:13

I'm not really familiar with some bow techniques as i'm new to bow making. Tried twisting the bows but unable to get this effect. When i stack them together it becomes very thick and bulky. I'll try take some pictures of what i did and upload it soonest. Thanks for all your help.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinrin View Post
I'm not really familiar with some bow techniques as i'm new to bow making. Tried twisting the bows but unable to get this effect. When i stack them together it becomes very thick and bulky. I'll try take some pictures of what i did and upload it soonest. Thanks for all your help.
It's very hard to make this type of bow without a wooden bowmaker. It has something to do with the ribbon being twisted a certain way.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:51

ok, I will be honest. The boutique bow takes some practice. You naturally don't want to angle your loops at such a exaggerated angle but that is what you have to do; an almost a 90 degree angle for each angle. This gives you that big loopy sitting on its side effect. I ,now this is me, I have never used a wooden dowel bow maker. I learned how to make bows w/o one because there are some you can't do on a bow maker and I don't need another thing to tote when I am making bows on the go. So all that said, I will try to make a big surround bow w/ all three surround bows and take pictures along with it. Are there any color combos or bows you would like to see duplicated? Forgive me if I misspelled anything, I am a terrible speller.

Last edited by mbland; 08-25-2007 at 12:32.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:04

Wink

I got this picture of a bow that I have made but it doesn't turn out that way. Probably I fold it wrongly or so. Please give your comments and appreciate all of your help.

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your help and advise. I don't mind it in any color combo or duplicate. Would love to see how it is done and probably need a lot of practice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grosgrain multi.JPG (24.7 KB, 66 views)
Old 08-25-2007, 12:36

Look under Looping Bows, I posted the photo instructions there. This is the style that you need to learn to pull this style of bow off. Start practicing this, in the mean time, I will work on the the building of the surround style bow in a whole.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:12

Hi Mindy,

I saw your instructions under looping bows, will get down to some practicing and see how it turns out. Many Thanks.
Sponsored Links