http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/digital-image-editing%20-%20gallery.jpg
Saddle Stitch Ribbon
new products--1/4' plastic headbands
New colors--3/8' party dot and gymbo dot grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/horse-grosgrain-ribbon-029.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/apple-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New product--3/8' wrapped headband
new clearance items

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-16-2010, 12:25

Default How Do You Make This Headband?

Does anyone know how you would make this headband? I think it's super cute!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flower headband.jpg (29.7 KB, 424 views)
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-16-2010, 12:56

Default Re: How Do You Make This Headband?

I've done a few like that I use a foe headband, then sew the flowers on. Super simple and absolutely adorable
Old 03-16-2010, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tianna View Post
I've done a few like that I use a foe headband, then sew the flowers on. Super simple and absolutely adorable

I am very new to bow making and I've seen lots of people talk about foe headbands... What are foe headbands? Also, where do you get your flowers and do you have to take them apart and glue the layers together like you do with Gerber daisies? Thanks so much for your help!
"For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever." Romans 11:36
Old 03-16-2010, 03:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
I am very new to bow making and I've seen lots of people talk about foe headbands... What are foe headbands? Also, where do you get your flowers and do you have to take them apart and glue the layers together like you do with Gerber daisies? Thanks so much for your help!
Foe stands for FOLD OVER ELASTIC. It's sometimes used in making cloth diapers and such but we use it for headbands. It is VERY soft and stretchy and looks really cute on all ages. You can add a loop to it to attach a bow or flower clip or you can add small flowers, or appliques. I usually make a bow with the foe and/or ribbon and add that. I have examples of my headbands on my post called "foe bow headbands".
The foe is nice because it doesn't leave a mark on the baby's head like some headbands can. It can come in shiny, matte, or even with some glitter in it. It comes in prints, solids and stripes. Solids and stripes cost more than solid colors.
HTH (Hope this helps)
Old 03-16-2010, 05:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfrosting View Post
Foe stands for FOLD OVER ELASTIC. It's sometimes used in making cloth diapers and such but we use it for headbands. It is VERY soft and stretchy and looks really cute on all ages. You can add a loop to it to attach a bow or flower clip or you can add small flowers, or appliques. I usually make a bow with the foe and/or ribbon and add that. I have examples of my headbands on my post called "foe bow headbands".
The foe is nice because it doesn't leave a mark on the baby's head like some headbands can. It can come in shiny, matte, or even with some glitter in it. It comes in prints, solids and stripes. Solids and stripes cost more than solid colors.
HTH (Hope this helps)
You are amazing! Thank you so very much for explaining FOE to me! Do you know where I can get it?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36

Also, where can I find "one layer" flowers that are like the ones on the headband?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilei1202 View Post
Also, where can I find "one layer" flowers that are like the ones on the headband?
you can find them at Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics. They come in mini bush type stems and come in several different colors. The options are endless. Also you can use thin elastic if you are going for that look of a delicate band. HTH's
Old 03-16-2010, 05:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaMay09 View Post
you can find them at Michaels and JoAnn Fabrics. They come in mini bush type stems and come in several different colors. The options are endless. Also you can use thin elastic if you are going for that look of a delicate band. HTH's
Thanks for your help! Where would I get the thin elastic because I would love to make the "delicate look"..
Old 03-16-2010, 06:02

I am interested in how you are attaching the flowers, are you sweing them on or gluing them on? Thanks!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:51

The flowers are hydrangea petals. They have a lot at HL. I usually double layer mine like this:

These are on FOE. I just glue them.