150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-14-2010, 11:23

Default Re: What do big girls want?

I was going to add anything with feathers-that seems to be going well for me, anyway

<>< Christy
my shop
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2010, 11:49

My GD is 15 and loves basic tuxedo bows, itty bitty bows, woven headbands and flowers. And I made her a clip for her hair using 2 boutique bows with tails to wear for St. Patrick's day and her friends loved it. SHe also loves big flowers and anything with Swarovski crystals.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina721 View Post
I make these and let me tell you, ALL ages grab these when I have them. I only brought 4 of them one time to a show and they sold in the first 15 minutes for $7 each. I wear one in my hair from time to time either alone or attached to my metal headband and I always get compliments and people asking me where I got it. One long zipper can make two flowers. Hope that helps.

That is really cute, do mind telling how to make it, I am very new here and to bow making?
thanks so much
Old 03-15-2010, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohegirl View Post
what length zipper do you use
The longer the better, the one in the picture is a 19", I think. I bought a bunch on ebay from China. I like the ones that have a different color metal zipper part so you can see the zipper feature. When I pull it apart, you'll have two pieces so you can make two flowers from it. If you get a shorter zipper, you'll have to use both sides to make one flower to get the fullness. I've seen girls wear rings made from this too. When I went to a trade show late last year, they were selling necklaces made from zippers for big $$$$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngja4 View Post
That is really cute, do mind telling how to make it, I am very new here and to bow making?
thanks so much
I don't have any instructions, for my first one, I just bought a jacket from the thrift store for dirt cheap (I think $0.90) and yanked out the zipper and then took my glue gun and went to town. I'm sure you can sew it too but I just played until it came out right. Hope that helps you out some. I just did it by trial and error until I got the look that I liked.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:26

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...all&pgcount=25

Just found this when browsing on Forever21! CUTE, I'll have to try the snap clip.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56

Quote:
The longer the better, the one in the picture is a 19", I think. I bought a bunch on ebay from China. I like the ones that have a different color metal zipper part so you can see the zipper feature. When I pull it apart, you'll have two pieces so you can make two flowers from it. If you get a shorter zipper, you'll have to use both sides to make one flower to get the fullness. I've seen girls wear rings made from this too. When I went to a trade show late last year, they were selling necklaces made from zippers for big $$$$$.

I don't have any instructions, for my first one, I just bought a jacket from the thrift store for dirt cheap (I think $0.90) and yanked out the zipper and then took my glue gun and went to town. I'm sure you can sew it too but I just played until it came out right. Hope that helps you out some. I just did it by trial and error until I got the look that I liked.
Just wanted to add that I was in Walmart yesterday and saw those zipper flowers on a pair of shoes, like black ballet flats! I almost bought them but they didn't have my size. I think you could make the zipper flowers and glue them to those metal shoe clips then add them to shoes!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyeliza View Post
Just wanted to add that I was in Walmart yesterday and saw those zipper flowers on a pair of shoes, like black ballet flats! I almost bought them but they didn't have my size. I think you could make the zipper flowers and glue them to those metal shoe clips then add them to shoes!
I wonder where I could find blank clips for shoes? Anyone know? I'm telling you they're HOT! I wonder what Lynn could make out of one of these since she has such beautiful things. I bet she would make my jaw drop again!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMonkeyBoutiqueq View Post
You don't have stick with black, anything with zebra print is great, singed flowers any color my dd is 12 and loves bows, I had some girls in my store on saturday I would say they were 18'ish they purchased 4" gerbera daisies, a couple of 4" bows, and some bitty bows even a pair of monkey sculptures.. HTH

I didn't really think of bows......thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia23 View Post
I was going to add anything with feathers-that seems to be going well for me, anyway

I almost hate to ask but would you mind posting a pic or two? I'm so used to working with ribbons and colors and all things cute that I'm hitting wall with this.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13

Quote:
I make these and let me tell you, ALL ages grab these when I have them. I only brought 4 of them one time to a show and they sold in the first 15 minutes for $7 each. I wear one in my hair from time to time either alone or attached to my metal headband and I always get compliments and people asking me where I got it. One long zipper can make two flowers. Hope that helps.

Those are stinking adorable! I've seen them around but it never occurred to me to try to make them myself. Great work! Think you'll want to sell a few wholesale?
Sponsored Links