http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-10-2010, 10:12

Default help!!

Well as you have heard I am new at making hairbows. I made up several and took them to work I sold 49.00 dollars worth I was so excited. The ones they are interested in were clippies with mums. I really dont know which direction to go in. When some of yall make up some how do you decide which ones and how many you make up. I always make up an extra ones for my daughter too. She has a good supply now. I just love all of them and have so much fun making them but its hard to decide. This may be a real silly question but I am sitting here wanting to make some but dont know what to make. Also any advice on how to organize you ribbon I feel like I am lacking some very important colors but I think that if I get it organized I would be able to tell which ones I need. thank you so much for your advice. frances
Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2010, 11:06

Default Re: help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdickeymom View Post
Well as you have heard I am new at making hairbows. I made up several and took them to work I sold 49.00 dollars worth I was so excited. The ones they are interested in were clippies with mums. I really dont know which direction to go in. When some of yall make up some how do you decide which ones and how many you make up. I always make up an extra ones for my daughter too. She has a good supply now. I just love all of them and have so much fun making them but its hard to decide. This may be a real silly question but I am sitting here wanting to make some but dont know what to make. Also any advice on how to organize you ribbon I feel like I am lacking some very important colors but I think that if I get it organized I would be able to tell which ones I need. thank you so much for your advice. frances
I am new to bow making as well and have the same questions. I read the organizing thread on this site and it gave me some good ideas. I am going to place an order from United Crafts Inc today to get my stash up in basic colors. I will build prints as I go I guess. I just wish I knew if people would buy them. I've sold a few at work and I have them in a shop but who knows. At least I have a little girl who can where what I dont sell. I feel like Im no good when I look at all the pros on here. Guess practice makes perfect
Old 03-10-2010, 11:30

I feel the same way,practice practice. My little girl has one for every outfit now!!haha. Thanks I will check into the organization I think my basic colors are the ones that I am missing. There are so many that can do amazing things with ribbon I just hope I can be half as good as they are. Let me know how things are going for you and any advice you can pass along would be great.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42

Definitely all your basic colors. I started with only 1.5 and lots of 3/8. Now I have most everything. Plus a lot of stuff I dont need because of group buys! LOL! Get lots of alligator clips and headbands. If I remember anything else, I will post it. Wish I could help more but Im fairly new too. Welcome and have fun!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:35

I mostly buy solid color ribbon, it seems to be what sells the best. I personally love polka dots but I guess solid is easier to match than prints and dots. I keep my ribbon seperated in small rubbermaid containers. So much easier to grab the black box if that is what I need at the time. I have a bigger box for all of my oinks, since I have so many shades of pink. Hope that helps a little.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies