New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:28

Default Lining clippies with double sticky tape

What have you found is the most effective way for lining large quantities of clippies at the same time?

Today I cut all the ribbons to 4.5" then lined each strip with tape, cut the tape, and now I am ready to line the clips.

I think I read somewhere that someone lines all the ribbon first - then cuts it all at once... but, I worry that I will be wasting ribbon/tape if I dont measure it out to be "even" at measurements of 4.5"... or does the time saved make it worth the potential loss?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 07:33

Default Re: Lining clippies with double sticky tape

Couldn't you just figure out how many you're making and then multiply by 4.5? Then you'll have the ribbon length in inches of how much to line. It seems like that might be saving some time... Although I only use hot glue so who really knows...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04

I cut my strips to 4.5", heat seal both ends and then put on the tape. I find if I heat seal the ends after the tape is on, then the ribbon burns but the tape doesn't. It ends up leaving a tiny sliver of tape that is exposed and stays sticky on the back of the clip. Hope that made sense! lol

Old 03-09-2010, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpom02 View Post
Couldn't you just figure out how many you're making and then multiply by 4.5? Then you'll have the ribbon length in inches of how much to line. It seems like that might be saving some time... Although I only use hot glue so who really knows...
Oh SURE, now you say that!!! DUH, why didn't I think of that! lol
I have been doing the same thing! Cutting 4.5", heat seal, then line! Pretty, but took some time! I NEED a wood burner fast! lol

Hey thanks for thinking for me! Math, ugh, I will be using my handy dandy, calculator!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07

I line my piece of ribbon (1 yard will give you 8 lined clips and leave you with 2 extra inches to toss) with the tape then turn the ribbon over so the tape backing is facing me then i lay it on a measuring board i have and mark every 4 1/2 in with black marker. Then i cut each piece. I heat seal as i go. Sorry i hope that makes sense lol.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31

Okay I'm going to be really nice and share the easiest way EVER to do this...You will all love me...hahaha
Okay so cut 47" of ribbon
Line the ribbon with the tape, press it down good...
Now, flip it over, ribbon side up...
Okay on my glass cutting board I have 4.5" measured and marked so this part is easier.
Now just make cuts at 4.5" along your ribbon WITH YOUR WOODBURNER!
It shouldn't cut through the backing, just the ribbon...
Now peel your ribbon off the tape backing like a sticker, line your clips and tada!
Works great...I then clip my clippies onto either a meter stick or large popsicle sticks to help hold while the tape sets up
I LOVE this way its super fast!
-Amanda
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34

I just knocked out several today. I'm new to this, and I was using the Target $1 bin ribbon, so they were all 18". I taped the ribbon first, then cut/sealed w/a wood burning tool (God love that thing). My neighbor made me this metal cutting piece with a groove in it so I just lined the ribbon up where I wanted it cut and cut/sealed. It works GREAT!

Someone else posted today that she just works off of the roll ... which would work great as long as you're using tape. Just tape as you go. I don't think it would work to well with hot glue. LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda357 View Post
Okay I'm going to be really nice and share the easiest way EVER to do this...You will all love me...hahaha
Okay so cut 47" of ribbon
Line the ribbon with the tape, press it down good...
Now, flip it over, ribbon side up...
Okay on my glass cutting board I have 4.5" measured and marked so this part is easier.
Now just make cuts at 4.5" along your ribbon WITH YOUR WOODBURNER!
It shouldn't cut through the backing, just the ribbon...
Now peel your ribbon off the tape backing like a sticker, line your clips and tada!
Works great...I then clip my clippies onto either a meter stick or large popsicle sticks to help hold while the tape sets up
I LOVE this way its super fast!
-Amanda
Oh, I could just HUG you! I can't wait for my wood burner to try this!!!
Thank you for sharing, now.... do you just want to do mine too, since you are so good at it! lol REally thank you so much for sharing!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by briellasnana View Post
Oh, I could just HUG you! I can't wait for my wood burner to try this!!!
Thank you for sharing, now.... do you just want to do mine too, since you are so good at it! lol REally thank you so much for sharing!!!
hehehe I would but....I haven't even had time to do my own! haha Wait until you try it, you will be amazed at how quick it is! I got sick of cutting 4.5" length and figured I'd give it a try...Now I just cut 47" lengths, tape them, cut them and hang them up until I'm ready to line clips, I normally do about 5 of these then sit down and line a bunch
-Amanda
Old 03-09-2010, 10:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda357 View Post
hehehe I would but....I haven't even had time to do my own! haha Wait until you try it, you will be amazed at how quick it is! I got sick of cutting 4.5" length and figured I'd give it a try...Now I just cut 47" lengths, tape them, cut them and hang them up until I'm ready to line clips, I normally do about 5 of these then sit down and line a bunch
-Amanda
I agree - THANKS! As soon as I am ready to line more I will try this way! I am already using my woodburner, so the edges are sealed as I go - but I definitely think your way will be quicker! I was happy to get through 50 today (with about 50 more strips ready to be adhered to clips waiting for me tomorrow), but it took a couple hours (with my daughter awake! lol).
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg