Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials ----------------------- Hip Girl Boutique Free Tutorials
How To Make A Full Mini Korker Hair Bow How To Make A Double Ruffle Ribbon 'Korker' Hair Bow Korkers Korkers--Testing Different Sizes How To Make Surrounding Loops The Easy Way How To Make 2-Layer Interchangeable Hair Bows With Spike--Part I Double Ruffle Ribbon Scrap Hair Flowers II--Free How To Bottle Caps--Q & A Free Instructions--How To Edit Bottle Cap Images How to Make Watermelon Hair Bow Clips Picture Perfect Tutorial

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-09-2010, 05:24
Banned

Default embellishing flip flops

I want to make some flipflops for my girls easter outfits. (I'm doing the whole I did it all easter this year.) We have tiered skirts, the baby has a pillowcase dress in tiers. I have never made the flip flops and have a pretty good understanding on how to do it but was wondering if there are any tips before I get started? I have made raggie bows to match the outfits and am considering just getting the raggie flip flop tut. Suggestions??
Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2010, 05:38

Default Re: embellishing flip flops

I have not seen the raggie tut but i have tied tulle around the thong of the flip flop and it comes out cute. i would imagine that you can just do the same with fabric, cut strips and tie it on. if you want to put a bow just make sure you use e6000 because hot glue will not hold up.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:54

Okie... I made a bunch of flip flops last year for my booth.

I wrapped really cool ribbon around the thong, just embellished the middle with vintge button or embelllishment from JA.

This is what I learned. I have 4 grandaughters age 6-8. The shoes did not hold up to the test. They are pretty rough and tumble. I put hot glue on the thong part then wrapped. So this year I had an idea and used the "coolest double sided" tape that I bought off of this site on the thong part. It made wrapping so much easier and faster. I haven't tried them out on the girls yet, but I love them. I noticed at JA today you can buy the sheets of pretty decent crystals. Look up utube, there is a gal on there that makes the swvaorski crystal ones for $100.00 a pair. She does use the toxic glue, but they are beautiful.

One more thing, there are about 4 sheets of instructions for different types at hobby lobby. Have fun!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:19
Banned

Thank you! I did not even think about what kind of glue would work the best. I also stopped at hobby lobby and found the sheets but wanted some first hand knowledge.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:53

i would be really interested to hear if the double sided tape holds up for any length of time. i have had to use e6000 to get anything to stay put.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:54

I have always used E6000 on my flip flops and have never had any complaints. I have also always made my flip flops days even weeks before I sold them so I know the glue was fully cured/set. I think that is key with E6000...make sure you have a good bond...I put it on both surfaces, let it set several minutes before I put them together (make sure everything is touching nicely, I use a clothes pin (or two) to hold mine if it seems to want to pop up) and then don't touch it for 24 hours. I like to put plastic wrap between my bow and clothes pin but not everyone does that.

Diane
Old 03-10-2010, 10:07
lestissusbows

I like that vintage button idea! Speaking of flip flops...I am working on a big order for an event planner that is coordinating a little girl's bday party and yesterday I made 15 pairs of tulle flip flops!!

Can you say Death by Flip Flops??!!

They turned out awesome, but lots of work!! Btw, I wrote the raggie flip flops tut (and the bow one too) and sometimes I have contests on my fan page on facebook & give away free copies of my ebooks, so if you're not a fan, c'mon by!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goosie-Girl/69478224781

Have a great day!
Heather

Last edited by lestissusbows; 03-10-2010 at 10:10.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:20

Heather, I just became a fan LOVE the projects you are doing!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11

Heather, Those flip flops are soooo cute. I never thought of using tulle on them. I love them. I'm going to try a couple pair for my show in June. Thanks for sharing the picture.
I just did facebook...have no clue what I was doing but it showed you so I must have done something right LOL

Diane
Old 03-10-2010, 02:27

I did this pair last year with tulle, everyone loved them
where ever i wore them I got compliments and people wanting some.
speaking of which i've got to make my cousin a pair now.
(didn't use a tut just winged it. but i would like to get the tut to see if she does it different.)

i tried wrapping some with ribbon last year but no luck there, my godbabies well one of them ripped the bow off the day she got them, and the others eventually came off too. but i used hot glue. here in a few I'mma make them some again and tried e6000

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...2&id=676973745
Sponsored Links