New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

View Poll Results: Do you use a bottom bow when making a staked bow??
Yes - I use two bows with the spikes in the middle 13 72.22%
NO - Just the spikes as the bottom 5 27.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2010, 09:01

Default Bottom Bow...or NO Bottom Bow...that is the question??

I was wondering what technique you most people used for the boutique stacked bow? Do you put a bottom bow with the spikes in the middle or do you used one bow with the spiked being the bottom??

I have always just used the spikes as the bottom but was thinking about trying with a bottom bow...I guess I will I was just wondering what most did.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22

Default Re: Bottom Bow...or NO Bottom Bow...that is the question??

i prefer them with the bottom bow personally
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02

i was using a bottom bow but found that they sit funny on the childs head sometimes so the ones that i have made recently have just been with the spikes and all my customers like them better this way. so that how i will do them from now on.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18

I do both just depends on the look I want
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27

I started out with adding a bottom bow, but the last one I made was without the bottom bow and I love it so much better. But, I think I'm going to offer both styles since my stacked bows with bottom bows sell well, although I like the way they look without a bottom bow. None of that probably made any sense. LOL!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:46

When doing stacked bows, (with bottom and top bow) how do you keep them from almost folding up to where you cant even see the top bow? I guess what Im saying is that when I make a stacked bow with a bottom bow, spikes, loops, top bow it looks like I have put it in the palm of my hand and scrunched it up!!!! I hope this makes sense to some one!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:29

I voted bottom bow however it depends on what look or what the customer is looking for. I really like the look of the spikes only on the crochet headbands but for the stacked boutique bows for the piggy tails I love having the bottom bow.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashanwrn View Post
When doing stacked bows, (with bottom and top bow) how do you keep them from almost folding up to where you cant even see the top bow? I guess what Im saying is that when I make a stacked bow with a bottom bow, spikes, loops, top bow it looks like I have put it in the palm of my hand and scrunched it up!!!! I hope this makes sense to some one!!!
My spikes fold up, too, and I hate it. I'm going to try what some other members do and that's to turn your bottom bow upside down so that the top bow and spikes lie flat up against the back of the bottom bow.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:48

STARCH!! Seriously, starch the bottom bow and starch the spikes laying flat, starch your top bow, starach your surrounds. When they dry they are nice and stiff. Glue the layers together and you have a very professional looking and feeling product!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstimpert View Post
STARCH!! Seriously, starch the bottom bow and starch the spikes laying flat, starch your top bow, starach your surrounds. When they dry they are nice and stiff. Glue the layers together and you have a very professional looking and feeling product!

when using starch...do you just use the spray stuff that you iron with...spary and let dry?? Or you you iron?? OR is it a different product all together lol
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.