New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/breast-cancer-bow-tie-hair-clip.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-05-2010, 10:41

Default Re: No Bow No Go vs. TOTT templates

I only have NBNG and I love love love it. Devon has been very helpful. The only thing I wasn't hot about is the twisted boutiques. I still couldn't get them. But a friend of mine has some other templates and they were amazing for the twisted. Let me see if I can show you some of my bows

First is a double stack basic boutique
Second is a basic boutique
Third is a split tail
Fourth is a tails out
LAst is a double stack Basic boutique
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HAIRBOWSTUFF 006.jpg (87.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg HAIRBOWSTUFF 020.jpg (23.2 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg HAIRBOWSTUFF 028.jpg (44.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg HAIRBOWSTUFF 029.jpg (44.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg HAIRBOWSTUFF 051.jpg (46.5 KB, 65 views)
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 03-06-2010, 08:41

I love NBNG! I have the templates and the headband instructions. Both sets have tons of examples and very easy to understand. I love that the templates have a ring binder and come individually wrapped.

Between "Life" and Homeschooling...
if I don't laugh...I'll start to cryMolly
Old 03-07-2010, 07:52

yeah..I order mine already ...I love the ebook....got to wait for about 1 week for the template...cant wait to get them...
Old 03-07-2010, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by My4boys View Post
Those of you that use the NBNG templetes can you show me some pics of your bows? Thanks!!
Here are some of mine- the twisteds aren't actually done on the template but I did do them with her instructions- they are great!! The twisteds do take a few times to get it down but all the others are great the 1st time!! LOVE them!

ETA: I put my very 1st stacked bow- It's not perfect by far but I just wanted to show you she also includes the instructions for all of this plus many other types of bows and tips also!! (BTW my stackeds have gotten a little better but I don't make many of them!)

2nd ETA: styles of bows are: organza fold(what she calls it), 2" basic boutique, 4" pinwheel, ???3" twisted, stacked bow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mem day '09, etsy pics 045.jpg (88.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg mem day '09, etsy pics 078.jpg (31.4 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg polkadot pinwheels 010.jpg (45.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg bows, embroidery 044.jpg (30.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg etsy pics 006.jpg (58.9 KB, 54 views)

www.sassyfrog.etsy.com

Last edited by davang1027; 03-07-2010 at 10:12.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:31

wow this is so helpful. i wanted to buy the nbng temp too i have the ones that come with the gator bite and well im not so happy with them. i struggle with the twisted bow... i dont that one better freehanded but i want to have my bows come out the same everytime. im glad to hear also that the 9 piece is enough are the different ones for sizing? im not sure how that one goes? i will get these next paycheck!
Old 03-08-2010, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupialr85 View Post
wow this is so helpful. i wanted to buy the nbng temp too i have the ones that come with the gator bite and well im not so happy with them. i struggle with the twisted bow... i dont that one better freehanded but i want to have my bows come out the same everytime. im glad to hear also that the 9 piece is enough are the different ones for sizing? im not sure how that one goes? i will get these next paycheck!

Yeah, they are different in sizing....If u need smallest bow or biggest bow then u can get the 12 pieces set...

I actually got the 12 pieces set but after seeing the instuction actually 9 pieces set is enough cos for me i dun really need tat big big bow....

NBNG website got more info......nice getting them...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by My4boys View Post
Those of you that use the NBNG templetes can you show me some pics of your bows? Thanks!!
I love my NBNG templates. I started making bows in September and before I purchased my templates my bows were pretty whack. LOL! I have the 12 piece set, and I've actually used everyone of them. I use the bigger templates to make bows for decorations and for bows to put on gifts. I'm going to be getting 2 1/4" ribbon to use on the larger templates to make bows that are requested from moms who want those Cadillac sized bows for their kids. I live in the south, so the bigger the bow, the better. I get a lot of use out of all my templates. They paid for themselves with the first bow order I had, which was really encouraging and awesome. But, I would definitely say that the 9 piece set would be plenty enough. I learned to do my stacked bows and spike bows with the instructions that come with the templates. Here are a few I've made with my templates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mardi Gras Bow.jpg (62.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Neely's bow and headband.jpg (38.1 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Shamrock Bow4.jpg (46.5 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg LSU bow.jpg (38.3 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_01_283.jpg (26.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I love my NBNG templates. I started making bows in September and before I purchased my templates my bows were pretty whack. LOL! I have the 12 piece set, and I've actually used everyone of them. I use the bigger templates to make bows for decorations and for bows to put on gifts. I'm going to be getting 2 1/4" ribbon to use on the larger templates to make bows that are requested from moms who want those Cadillac sized bows for their kids. I live in the south, so the bigger the bow, the better. I get a lot of use out of all my templates. They paid for themselves with the first bow order I had, which was really encouraging and awesome. But, I would definitely say that the 9 piece set would be plenty enough. I learned to do my stacked bows and spike bows with the instructions that come with the templates. Here are a few I've made with my templates.

Wow this is very encouraging! i love your personalization. they really look great.. i cant wait to get paid so i can order these and get back on tract to making bows! now i need to save for a sowing maching! did u have to practice lots on the temps or were you able to get it pretty quick
Old 03-08-2010, 01:33

I was thinking about buying the nbng as well... but I'm torn between buying the 12 piece set with ebook, or the other one with the printed book. I'm wondering if I'm going to be printing out the ebook and wasting ink in order to have the instructions handy. For those of you that have it, what did you get?
Sponsored Links