New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-07-2010, 06:54

Default Re: Twisted Boutiques are ruining my life :P

Judy is that you and your son in the video he is too cute. Reminds me of my little one, that is why I make my bows when she is sleeping! lol. I did find your video very helpful.
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 03-08-2010, 01:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy74 View Post
Are you using a template? I don't remember?? If so, go up one size with that ribbon. All in all, its looking great!!! sometimes when you use a template (nbng) and the size of the template is too small for the ribbon, it looks mushed and is harder to shape. But you've definately got the shape!!!!
I do have templates and I can't make a twisted boutique with a template to save my life. It never looks right. I actually decided to go back to the very first fold I ever taught myself, the figure 8, with a wider ribbon (I tried bout 7/8" and 1.5") and by manipulating it, came up with that example, which I think is hands down better than any of the others I've managed.

I will trying increasing the length next time to see if it makes a difference. I'm petrified that my loops will droop though. I think I also figured out, and yes this will make me sound like an idiot, that when I was messing around with them before, I was looking at the wrong side of the darn bow. No wonder if never looked right. LOL.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerandHoney View Post
I have the NBNG templates and I still free hand my bows. The templates make the layers look "too separated" if that makes sense. I can't get mine perfect. I feel like I've tried everything, too (shorter ribbon, longer ribbon, stitching, clips, starch). I love Pinkster's bows. I wish I figure out what she does to get them to look soooooo perfect.
Let me know if you find out. LOL.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29

Quote:
Okay, this post made me think I really need to take time to practice making these things. I haven't had time to do it a while, so I figured I'd try again today. Here is what I have so far. I would really like for the center crease to be deeper. I think the next one that I make I will make the center stitch a little longer. I did however figure out how to make it a little more perky. I pressed the inside of the loops (top & bottom) to the back more so that the center really sticks up. What do you think?
I think that is looking great!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:31

Quote:
Okay, this post made me think I really need to take time to practice making these things. I haven't had time to do it a while, so I figured I'd try again today. Here is what I have so far. I would really like for the center crease to be deeper. I think the next one that I make I will make the center stitch a little longer. I did however figure out how to make it a little more perky. I pressed the inside of the loops (top & bottom) to the back more so that the center really sticks up. What do you think?

that looks perfect! I myself am having trouble with the tbb. So pretty but so hard to do, my problem is my loops never look like that, no matter what I try. :-(

My friend has several different templates and she can't get them to look like that either.

Have you seen the bows on poshhairbows.com? Her bows are amazing!!!

I'm really great at pinwheel bows, korkers, etc, just can't get the tbb down.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.