New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-01-2010, 01:10

Default Re: Twisted Boutiques are ruining my life :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by briellasnana View Post
Oh, thank goodness someone else out there can't make them either! I have tried so many times, the only thing I get out of them, is a good laugh at my ending result!

I would love to watch someone make one. Just wish someone lived in AZ too!
I'm at the point now where I think I'm crying more than laughing now.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainstorm9 View Post
I have the templates from the gal who made the gator bite. They're good templates, don't get me wrong. They really help with the other bows. I've looked at her video too and while she seems to just pump em out mine never look like a twisted.

The one time I came out with at relatively twisted boutique was totally free hand with written instructions and I starched the living daylights out of the thing when i was done and I still don't think it looks terribly twisted.

See below.

I think with yours you need to pull your loops more. I love the use of ric rac in the bow CUTE!
Old 03-01-2010, 01:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMerritt_22 View Post
I think with yours you need to pull your loops more. I love the use of ric rac in the bow CUTE!
When I pulled the loops out more they just flopped and had no shape what so ever.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:25

Can you get a sharper angle on the front ribbons? I think that would help. It's really close though. Cute combination!

What size is the finished bow? Sometimes using a wider ribbon (or making a smaller bow) will help too.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMerritt_22 View Post
OMG I have watched that video 10000000000 times and still cant get them! let me make one really quick and ill post it and maybe you can see whats wrong with it!
the first picture is the front of my attempt at a tbb the second is the back... any advice?!
that looks like a 5/8th ribbon. i would go with a 7/8th ribbon. i will have to measure what length i cut and get back to you. (i am downstairs) size does matter because i think when you a first learning you should use 7/8th because the 5/8 looks funny to begin with (too thin)
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollywogbows View Post
Each of you post a pic of the finished product. We might be able to tell whats going on...
Well, here is a picture of mine. If I try to pull it farther apart the "more" it doesn't look like a TTB. The right side always looks better (read this as NOT GOOD but better) than the left side and the bottom left loop never seems to twist

Diane

Old 03-01-2010, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Crafts View Post
Well, here is a picture of mine. If I try to pull it farther apart the "more" it doesn't look like a TTB. The right side always looks better (read this as NOT GOOD but better) than the left side and the bottom left loop never seems to twist

Diane

It looks like you might be sewing it wrong for starters, see where the top is coming down? It shouldn't do that. I'm gonna go take a couple pics as I do it and I'll be right back. Give me 10 minutes!
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16

well, darnit my kids woke up so it might be awhile till I can get this together! But if you use a templete, do you put a pin in the center when you slide it off and twist it? It kind of looks like your loops are getting moved at some point. I also never use a gator bite, I find that just a regular alligator clip is good enough for me! I start twisting with just the pin in the center and once i get it almost complete I put the little clip on there and perfect it. On the back of your bow--before you sew--are the two ribbons going across (horizontal) completely straight across and not tilted one way or another at all? They need to be completely straight! Also you have to move the ribbon that match up with the ends together--if that makes sense?--you have to make sure that they are completely matched up, not off like they are in your pic. Those are the most important tips.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:47

where do you get templates?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:07

nobownogo.com I believe look up TNT templates
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies