New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-01-2010, 09:45

Default Re: I am HATING ET Lite with flattened caps...what am I doing wrong????

Before it gets too set try blowing on the tiny bubbles with a straw. Don't get any spit on it or it will turn white when they are dry. This always works for me when I make washers. HTH
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 03-02-2010, 01:35

Ok...me again...more questions/advice....

So everyone was spot on with the temperature advice. I tried it this morning, warmed up the ET Lite before mixing and the consistency was different, better. My impatience got the best of me though. I watched for about 30 mins removing bubbles using my lighter. THEN...and this is where I think I went wrong...I put them in my warmed oven. I had it on 140 degrees while I was popping bubbles, then turned it off and set them in there for about 45 mins. When I pulled them out, they were clear as glass EXCEPT for a few random bubbles!!!! I WANT TO SCREAM.....

So, did I put them in the oven too soon? Should I have watched them longer waiting for the bubbles to appear? I was so worried about the temp issue, that I was anxious to get them into the warm area. UGH...someone PLEASE help me.....
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43

You probably put them in the oven too soon. I've never put ET in the oven, but the same principal probably applies. I've started using Colores resin and you can put it in the oven. But, I let my stuff sit out for at least 2 hours before putting them in the oven. Were your bubbles just around the edges? I have this problem too with flattened caps and trays. For some reason, bubbles like to form right around the outside rim of these things. It is so frustrating. So, I'm not sure if on these types of caps that you should let them sit out even longer before putting them in the oven.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
You probably put them in the oven too soon. I've never put ET in the oven, but the same principal probably applies. I've started using Colores resin and you can put it in the oven. But, I let my stuff sit out for at least 2 hours before putting them in the oven. Were your bubbles just around the edges? I have this problem too with flattened caps and trays. For some reason, bubbles like to form right around the outside rim of these things. It is so frustrating. So, I'm not sure if on these types of caps that you should let them sit out even longer before putting them in the oven.
Most of the bubbles were tiny ones around the edge. BUT, a couple caps had bubbles smack dab in the middle. I knew I was being way too impatient. I wish I could learn patience!!! I probably waited less than an hour. Ugh...off to start over on a new batch....
Old 03-02-2010, 01:58

I would definitely let them sit for at least a couple of hours and check your bubbles every once in a while. I let some trays sit for 2 hours before putting them in the oven and still had some that got a couple of surface bubbles around the edge. I think I'm going to have to wait even longer on those type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmfinn View Post
Most of the bubbles were tiny ones around the edge. BUT, a couple caps had bubbles smack dab in the middle. I knew I was being way too impatient. I wish I could learn patience!!! I probably waited less than an hour. Ugh...off to start over on a new batch....
Sponsored Links