5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-27-2010, 11:18

Default Wipe case 911 ahhhh

ok i thought it would be so easy to whip up a covered wipe case!! yeah right! i attached a picture that does not look half bad in the photo but in person it is not "professional" looking. i could never sell it! i have a few questions...i did use a tut. i will post that link in a few. however i can not seem to get the hang of doing the corners. i also glued the darn box shut in the process!! my dh had to pry it open!! my corners are messy and i can not seem to get the hinge part to look neat. any help or any free tut that you like would help! thanks!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0896.jpg (38.1 KB, 114 views)
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-27-2010, 11:30

Default Re: Wipe case 911 ahhhh

I am bookmarkng this...I have a great tut that I used that I found online for free, but the link is saved on the other computer. I will get it for you though. They were really easy instructions and mine came out great!

OK, got it...http://www.according-to-kelly.com/20...-tutorial.html

Last edited by auntto4; 02-28-2010 at 12:07.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:57

First take the top ribbon that you used over the top of the case and put that down first and then take the side riibon and do it, also take the ribbon on the side and do one large strand and make it so that it hits the back, and that the top and the bottom both match up in the back, also make it so your fabric goes all the way to the edges I can see in the front white showing. Does any of that make sense?

~Joni~
F - Our Little Secret 509

Old 02-28-2010, 01:30

From what I see, I would first glue the ribbon on the top of the case first, then line around the case so it hides the ends of the ribbon where you embellished it. I would also trim your fabric alittle more to fit just right before gluing the trim on just so you can't see the fabric.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32

Thanks girls I see just what you are talking about with the ribbon showing.

would i be correct it saying you dont have to worry too much about the neatness of the fabric as long as it is not sticking out and as long as it covers the white of the case? am i making sense!! I was struggling on making the fabric "neat" by folding the ends before i glued them so it was not a raw edge, but in the end you cover the darn thing with ribbon anyway. i think by trying to fold me ends i made it look messier!! i did just find a tut where the girl is using "skull fabric" it looks easier to follow than the one i used.

another question, do most of you use 3/8th ribbon on the ends or do you buy cording??

THANKS
Old 02-28-2010, 10:35

I use 3/8 ribbon and really like it. I know most will use braided gimp. It hides the fabric a lot better than the ribbon does. I do agree about the fabric as long as you use gimp the fabric doesn't matter. If your going to stick with ribbon you want your fabric to still lay nice so you cant see all the bumps.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyte View Post
Thanks girls I see just what you are talking about with the ribbon showing.

would i be correct it saying you dont have to worry too much about the neatness of the fabric as long as it is not sticking out and as long as it covers the white of the case? am i making sense!! I was struggling on making the fabric "neat" by folding the ends before i glued them so it was not a raw edge, but in the end you cover the darn thing with ribbon anyway. i think by trying to fold me ends i made it look messier!! i did just find a tut where the girl is using "skull fabric" it looks easier to follow than the one i used.

another question, do most of you use 3/8th ribbon on the ends or do you buy cording??

THANKS
i made one with zebra fabric too yesterday. and i did it with a trim. (i like it more) it covers more space. it's my third try
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0086.jpg (57.9 KB, 40 views)
Old 02-28-2010, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozachka2 View Post
i made one with zebra fabric too yesterday. and i did it with a trim. (i like it more) it covers more space. it's my third try
i agree i think i like that trim better. yours looks great!!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_hernandez402 View Post
I use 3/8 ribbon and really like it. I know most will use braided gimp. It hides the fabric a lot better than the ribbon does. I do agree about the fabric as long as you use gimp the fabric doesn't matter. If your going to stick with ribbon you want your fabric to still lay nice so you cant see all the bumps.
i do like the way the 3/8th look and you can have a lot more variety but i think i need something that will cover my mistakes better!!
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.