Ribbon Slides--for 3/8' Ribbons 10pc 1/4' Birch Wood Dowel Rods For Korkers 20pc Glue Stick For Hair Bows, Hair Clips, Crafts Wood Burning Tool With 4 Tips--For Sealing Ribbon Ends French Barrettes-Silver 40pc Pastel Goody Ouchless No Metal Small Pony'Os-3.5',2MM Thick http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/tulle-tutu-orchid.jpg 6pc 1.75' Satin Rose for Scrapbooking, Hair Clips, Wedding-Combo mini-bow-tie-diy-bows-grosgrain-ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/my_ads/hip-girl-boutique-llc-twitter-100.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-26-2011, 03:12

Default hbhg211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
That tutu you picked out looks like someone's custom design. If you can't afford to purchase it, then maybe you can look online somewhere for a tutorial that can help you.

People here will help you to a degree, but most instructions here are for a basic tutu.

I did look for a tutorial, didnt find one So i thought i'd post here and see if anyone had any ideas, I thought that was what this was for, asking for help and ideas with crafts.....

If someone asked a question i could help with or add any insight to, I totally would!
Isnt that how we all learn... If everyone knows how to make a basic tutu, well, thats fine, but at least I asked. Just trying to make my wedding the best day ever and add a pretty DIY dress to the mix
Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 03:14

Default Re: a tutu dress like this....

Oh and I was saying ELLIE760 was a Genious!!!!

great idea with the crochet top! off to find one and tie away!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:17

Default Re: hbhg211

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbhg211 View Post
I did look for a tutorial, didnt find one So i thought i'd post here and see if anyone had any ideas, I thought that was what this was for, asking for help and ideas with crafts.....

If someone asked a question i could help with or add any insight to, I totally would!
Isnt that how we all learn... If everyone knows how to make a basic tutu, well, thats fine, but at least I asked. Just trying to make my wedding the best day ever and add a pretty DIY dress to the mix
Yes, we do help.. to a point. But you're asking very specific questions for a highly stylized item. Think of it this way... you can go up to the KFC counter and ask what type of chicken they sell. They'll answer you but they're not going to give you the recipe to their secret ingredients.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyH67 View Post
When I made a few of these for a fall show I knotted the waist and then put a ribbon around the waist and tied a bow in the back Using the knot as belt loops of a sort. I thought that this would make them fit different sizes better. Here are the Cinderella and Tinker bell dresses I made.
These are sooooo adorable! What do you sell them for? I'm interested in a 2t.... Thinking ahead for dinseyland in the summer
Old 01-26-2011, 03:43

Default Re: hbhg211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
Yes, we do help.. to a point. But you're asking very specific questions for a highly stylized item. Think of it this way... you can go up to the KFC counter and ask what type of chicken they sell. They'll answer you but they're not going to give you the recipe to their secret ingredients.

Im actually not even the person who originated this question, and the person who did has the exact same dress style as what i posted a question to. So I dont know why you are targeting me with your comments.

I simply asked if anyone knows how or has any ideas on how this could be accomplished. I did not ask a patent to disclose their secret, Im just asking a general question about a pretty dress I saw.
And also, I asked a general tutu question in asking, 'does anyone know how you would tie the fabric to a second elastic'. Didnt know the patent was pending on that one either.....
I have never made a tutu before so I dont think my question should be so scrutinized. There is no wrong question when it comes to trying to learn something new.
A crafters brain is the best brain to pick when you are trying to learn a new concept.
I thought everyone elses ideas were great, along with their pictures, and their comments were very informative and pleasant.

So I'll say it again, but re-word it for you so you can see what I was trying to say:
For anyone who would like to help.... I love this specific tutu i found online. I have never made even a basic tutu but think i have a good handle on how to do that much.
So my question is: does it look like (to anyone) this dress has a second row of knots (at the empire waist band) or does it look like it is just a ribbon woven in between the fabric?
If anyone knows bc they've made one, or has an idea of what MIGHT work to put a woven ribbon onto a tutu dress, I'd appreciate any insight or ideas all your crafty brains can come up with
Thank you
Old 01-26-2011, 07:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbhg211 View Post
LOVE your Etsy store!!! I so added you to faves!!!
Thanks so much!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBrittany View Post
These are sooooo adorable! What do you sell them for? I'm interested in a 2t.... Thinking ahead for dinseyland in the summer

I sold Tinker Bell for $30 and Cinderella for $35. But I'm not sure if I can find the tulle for Cinderella again. I just stumbled across it on clearance at walmart one day. You should check out my etsy shop. I have a really cute minnie mouse hat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Minnie Mouse Tutu.jpg (43.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittlemonsters View Post
Really cute! I bet you sell a ton of them!
I sold everyone I had made. If anyone does fall craft shows these were great sellers! I also did a black kitty and a Hello Kitty.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyH67 View Post
I sold Tinker Bell for $30 and Cinderella for $35. But I'm not sure if I can find the tulle for Cinderella again. I just stumbled across it on clearance at walmart one day. You should check out my etsy shop. I have a really cute minnie mouse hat.
What a bummer!
I love your minnie outfit, but I have the minnie outfit all set I made marabou ears and a twirl skirt! I think she'll have enough for 30 days at the rate I'm going... haha.
Sponsored Links