Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(20x2yd Solid Boutique Ribbons)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/5-8-satin-autism-pinwheel-bow.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/glitter-ribbon-250.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/kanzashi-flower-butterfly-forum-ads.JPG
New product--1.8mm bottle cap hole punch

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-23-2010, 01:42

Default Tutu help...please!

Ok ladies, i have only made a tutu once for my daughter, it was just a try. I used the tulle my mom had saved in a box and luckily it was cut just perfect so i made a dress out of it. My aunt asked me to make her a basket for a gift. She wants me to include a tutu and some other fun stuff, i really have no idea what to put in it. i was thinking of a tutu, a kufi w/lg bow, and a interchangeable headband. What do u ladies think? Anyway the tutu is for a 4-5 year old. What measurements would i use? and last time i measured my daughters waist and when i finished the tutu fell right off. So if any of you can please help me out, id really appreciate it. Also, any suggestions on what colors to use, she said, it didn't matter.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:00

Default Re: Tutu help...please!

For 4-5 year olds, I use a 19-21 inch waist.

Colors are endless! I love shocking pink with oranges together, or aqua blues with turquoise. If you want it to be more traditional, a light pink, dark pink and a touch of chocolate brown is pretty, too.

Have fun!

Old 02-23-2010, 02:03

I just made rainbow ones for my dds and I LOVE them-I've only done the 2-color combos before, but all the little girls at the bday party went gaga over the multi-rainbow ones-here's the thread. I used an 18 inch waist for my just turned 7-yr-old, but she's got a tiny frame. HTH
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/sewin...tte-shirt.html

<>< Christy
my shop
Old 02-23-2010, 02:06

Oh that sounds nice, i like the pink and browns.Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairies 'n' Firecrackers View Post
For 4-5 year olds, I use a 19-21 inch waist.

Colors are endless! I love shocking pink with oranges together, or aqua blues with turquoise. If you want it to be more traditional, a light pink, dark pink and a touch of chocolate brown is pretty, too.

Have fun!
Old 02-23-2010, 02:09

OMG that is beautiful, Ok the one i made was orange, brown and ivory but it did not look like urs, i did one strip brown,then orange than ivory but yours looks all mixed, would you mind telling me how u did it? Also urs looks very full and i think i used lots of tulle but when my daughter moved u can see her undies .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypatia23 View Post
I just made rainbow ones for my dds and I LOVE them-I've only done the 2-color combos before, but all the little girls at the bday party went gaga over the multi-rainbow ones-here's the thread. I used an 18 inch waist for my just turned 7-yr-old, but she's got a tiny frame. HTH
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/sewin...tte-shirt.html
Old 02-23-2010, 02:15

Here is one I did in pink, brown and white and one in pastel rainbow:

Old 02-23-2010, 11:28

I use a 20" waist and a 13" length. As far as colors go it's so hard! I am attaching one of my best sellers that is a medium pink, white and yellow and also another tutu that is not really rainbow but it's bright and fun. Maybe they will give you ideas or inspiration! Have Fun!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0210.jpg (34.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0422.jpg (37.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 02-24-2010, 12:32

That is adorable, ok so how do u make it look like all the colors are mixed, in other words it does not look like a pattern, it does not look, white, pink, orange, white, pink orange... Do u get me? It looks like its more than one layer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TutuFrilly View Post
I use a 20" waist and a 13" length. As far as colors go it's so hard! I am attaching one of my best sellers that is a medium pink, white and yellow and also another tutu that is not really rainbow but it's bright and fun. Maybe they will give you ideas or inspiration! Have Fun!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:17

I use 17.5-18 inches for 4-5. Ava is 3 and normal size and I use 16.5 for her.
Yvonne
Old 02-24-2010, 02:38

I'm not really sure...I just measure the tulle. For example...for a 13" tutu I cut 26" strips of tulle. Each strip is then 6" wide and 26" long. If I am making a tutu that is 3 colors I would arrange the tulle on the waistband as follows: 2 pink, 2 yellow, 2 white. It just blends itself naturally really. Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links