New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-22-2010, 12:24

Default Re: What do you use to put your korkers together with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntto4 View Post
If you wouldn't mind, I would like to know more about this...I have a hard time getting mine to look right when I cut them. TIA
Hm...could have sworn it was Ty who turned me on to this. Anywho...while your ribbon is still on the dowel (I take the pins off the ends and loosen the ribbon to make cutting easier) count your spirals (I use 8 of the 1/8" on a 1/4" dowel) and just lightly run your hot wood burner over where you want it cut. If you're exact with your counts, every korker piece is the same size. SO easy. I then just slide it off the end of the dowel into my box of korker pieces so when I want to assemble a korker I've got a bunch all waiting for me. Did I write this so it's understandable?

Joanne
Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2010, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall52 View Post
Hm...could have sworn it was Ty who turned me on to this. Anywho...while your ribbon is still on the dowel (I take the pins off the ends and loosen the ribbon to make cutting easier) count your spirals (I use 8 of the 1/8" on a 1/4" dowel) and just lightly run your hot wood burner over where you want it cut. If you're exact with your counts, every korker piece is the same size. SO easy. I then just slide it off the end of the dowel into my box of korker pieces so when I want to assemble a korker I've got a bunch all waiting for me. Did I write this so it's understandable?

Joanne
Yes, thanks!...do you use 8 spirals? If so what size bow does that make.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:36

I do use 8 spirals...it makes about a 2-1/2 to 3 inch korker. If you wanted to make smaller korkers, cut down on the amount of spirals you use. If I wasn't so camera/posting pics illiterate, I'd post a pic of my korkers. But I really suck at it.

Joanne
Old 02-22-2010, 03:46

Stack on needle and sew.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:18

Default Re: Ok, so now how do I sew/wrap Korkers?

OK, I've got them stacked on the needle ... how do I wrap these??? I did not (nor could I) stack them all in the same direction so they are all spread out on the needle.

Last edited by Tabitha3; 02-22-2010 at 08:19. Reason: revised
Old 02-22-2010, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha3 View Post
OK, I've got them stacked on the needle ... how do I wrap these??? I did not (nor could I) stack them all in the same direction so they are all spread out on the needle.
The whole point (at least IMO) of stacking on a needle is to purposely arrange them "all spread out" - you aren't trying to make them stack on top of each other. Once you've stacked them on a needle, make sure you have a good, big knot tied into the end of the string & slide all the pieces into the string.

Oh heck, Here's a tut. About half way through she starts sewing. It'll be easier than trying to explain it!! Hope this helps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAy7daH4u00
Old 02-22-2010, 09:04

Is it possible to sew and still have a fluffy korker?? The ones in the video posted is still really floppy, I don't like them like that. I've tried sewing mine and they don't fluff up.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40

Thank you. I did do that ... I think I have like 29 korkers in this one. It's a 2.5". I took a pic. I'll post shortly ... I'm not too thrilled ... I always expect perfection the first time I try something ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesandribbon View Post
The whole point (at least IMO) of stacking on a needle is to purposely arrange them "all spread out" - you aren't trying to make them stack on top of each other. Once you've stacked them on a needle, make sure you have a good, big knot tied into the end of the string & slide all the pieces into the string.

Oh heck, Here's a tut. About half way through she starts sewing. It'll be easier than trying to explain it!! Hope this helps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAy7daH4u00
Old 02-22-2010, 10:45

I just put the pieces in my hand and wrap a zip tie around them. After I have the zip tie around it I pull to even things up before tightening it all the way. Then I just pull, cut off then end of the zip tie, and glue it on a clip.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedove View Post
Is it possible to sew and still have a fluffy korker?? The ones in the video posted is still really floppy, I don't like them like that. I've tried sewing mine and they don't fluff up.
These are some of mine & they are all sewn. I actually get much better korker "puff balls" with sewing than I ever did with tying. And with sewing I know my girls (and customer children) won't be able to pull any pieces out!)

(the one on the green kufi is a large one - about 3 inch piences & the other is a small about 2-2.5 inch pieces).
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies