New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-21-2010, 01:50

Question Wholesaling-any tips for speed??

Okay girls, I've started making my bows wholesale for this lady and she needs about 100 bows every couple of weeks. I'm talking stacked bows on clips. I've also had a couple other large orders come in. I hate to turn down orders because everything I make from my bows is extra we can put away for our plans to adopt. I teach full time so I'm coming home and doing nothing but making bows. I enjoy them but not that much, lol. Any of you out there have any tips on making bows faster? TIA!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2010, 02:26

Default Re: Wholesaling-any tips for speed??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespotteddot View Post
Okay girls, I've started making my bows wholesale for this lady and she needs about 100 bows every couple of weeks. I'm talking stacked bows on clips. I've also had a couple other large orders come in. I hate to turn down orders because everything I make from my bows is extra we can put away for our plans to adopt. I teach full time so I'm coming home and doing
nothing but making bows. I enjoy them but not that much, lol. Any of you out there have any tips on making bows faster? TIA!!

I have a schedule. I make a certain thing on a certain day. Like Monday, I make 3" twisteds, just tie up a bunch throw em in a tote. Next day, 5" twisteds, tie em up, throw em in another tote. Next day, make a bunch of spikes (coordinate your sets with what you have made). Next day, assemble. Basically, if you do it right, you can have one day to cut and seal, one for 3", one for 5", one for Spikes, and one for assembly. Then you have the weekends free. Anytime I have spare time, I sit and just tie my twisteds. So then, when I have an order some in, I can grab the bows and assemble however they made need assembled.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:40

Just like she said, do everything in batches. It's easier and quicker, to cut and seal, then tie and then assemble.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:36

I've been doing wholesale for 7 years. The only way to do it is assembly line type fashion. 1. pull all ribbon 2. heat seal ends before folding bows (saves lot of time) 3. fold bows 4. glue onto clips 5. glue final center onto it.

You get going in a rhythm when you do this way. Otherwise, you are always changing gear.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:58

Thank you so much for the tips! I have one more question, though. How do you ship them? I will be shipping to this lady often and I don't feel the need to have to pretty it up with tissue and stickers and crinkle paper like I would ordinarily. My mission for these is just to keep them from getting squished. I was thinking about putting a layer of bows, then a layer of wax paper or something similar, then another layer of bows, etc. What do you guys do?
Old 02-22-2010, 03:06

lol u can go to the liquor stores and get the boxes with dividers for free (at least at mine) take dividers out and u can use them in your box of choice....this way they dont get all thrown around andflatten

If your gonna be so quick to invoice! Be Quick to SHIP! - EXPECT HONEST FEEDBACK FROM ME!!!
& Dont worry, Retaliatory Feedback DOESNT SCARE ME!!! Im a Buyer NOT a seller! Just Sayin!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hair_bling_boutique View Post
lol u can go to the liquor stores and get the boxes with dividers for free (at least at mine) take dividers out and u can use them in your box of choice....this way they dont get all thrown around andflatten
Oh, this will be useful information as I am a frequent visitor there... LOL!

Old 02-22-2010, 03:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
Oh, this will be useful information as I am a frequent visitor there... LOL!

lol how do u think i spotted them there HEHE we sound sooo bad

If your gonna be so quick to invoice! Be Quick to SHIP! - EXPECT HONEST FEEDBACK FROM ME!!!
& Dont worry, Retaliatory Feedback DOESNT SCARE ME!!! Im a Buyer NOT a seller! Just Sayin!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:52

Heh heh!! Good idea! That would give me an excuse to go do some "shopping"
Old 02-22-2010, 06:31

Is she the only one you are going to be doing it for? with it just me, I found that it was easier for me to wholesale by making things ahead, I cant keep up with orders otherwise with the kids here all the time and DH works ALL THE TIME
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies