150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-19-2008, 12:42

Default No slip headbands

What do you use to line headbands? Do you use the same stuff you line clips with? I've been using velcro for the headbands I make DD, but she has thick hair so it doesn't bother her head. I just got an order for a few headbands for a friends DD and I know her hair is thin. I don't want to use velcro, because it will irritate her head. Would velvet work? I just bought some. I keep seeing that some of you line clips with it, but I'm wondering if it would work the same on headbands.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2008, 02:55

Default Re: No slip headbands

Thanks. The only reason I'm lining them is because they are for 18 month old toddlers and they fall off sometimes. Maybe they are a little too big? I just know when I put one on Ashlyn, it stays put most of the time, but if she leans, it will slip forward or backwards. Hmm, maybe I should tell my friend a headband might not be good for her DD. Now that I think about it, if it's slightly big on Ashlyn and she has thick hair, then it will really be big on her DD who has thin hair. I might have to suggest that I make the braided one with elastic instead, but I wouldn't be able to do elastic with the woven one. She wanted one of each. Any thoughts?
Old 02-19-2008, 03:00

I line my oldest dd headbands. Her is is very silky and soft. You can't even keep a ponytail up on her head and i have tried the no-slip pony tail holders and they still fall. I have started using the velvet because she dosen't like the way the velcro spikes "grab" her hair.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:08

I was at Walmart and found in the infant section, headbands for infants...they are pretty thin though, but maybe you could try the woven one on those...I bought one package...but haven't tried it yet. The headband is baby size...it is so cute. It comes covered with a webbing material that you can just cut off--they were like $2 for 6.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia-mom View Post
I was at Walmart and found in the infant section, headbands for infants...they are pretty thin though, but maybe you could try the woven one on those...I bought one package...but haven't tried it yet. The headband is baby size...it is so cute. It comes covered with a webbing material that you can just cut off--they were like $2 for 6.
I actually saw those last week, but I think they might be too small. I'll have to stop by there and try one on Ashlyn. My friends DD is exactly the same age, so they should be similar in size. It's worth a shot, I guess. Thank you. I had forgotten about those.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlecansofbeans View Post
I have found that the 3/8" headbands are good for the smaller children. Have you any to hand?

Lorraine
That is the size I used for the braided headband I made Ashlyn. It stayed pretty well with the velcro. Maybe it fell, because I attached a bow to it? I'm going to take your suggestion and make the headbands with the one that was on the inside of the bundle. It does look slightly smaller than the headband on the outside. Thanks!

BTW- I just bought your woven instructions over the weekend. Can't wait to try them out.
Sponsored Links