http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-800.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-18-2010, 08:33

Default Re: Calling all Charlotte ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelaney View Post
Well maybe if we find someone they can teach us both what part of Charlotte are you in?
Yvonne

I am about 15 minutes west of Charlotte in Stanley...30 minutes from Ballantyne, gotta love 485! Yeah we should find someone to teach us!!
I have made some but they are not that great!

BTW, I love Mary Joes I actually just went yesterday and got a bunch of fabric for pillowcase dresses. Do you do any shows??
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2010, 08:33

Quote:
I love Mary jo's!!! It's about a 30 minute drive for me so I don't go a lot. I buy all my tulle there because it is made in the US and is more than half the price of other places.
Yvonne
Yikes, I would be so excited to live that close. We live in FL and go twice a year.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15

Quote:
I work at the Morrison Y in the cepc. How funny we have probably passed each other in the halls. I am always in the nonmobile room (the one with the big window). I have been there for 3 years now. Yeah we should get together! Do you have kids? I have 2 ava is 3 and Andrew will be 1 in a couple of weeks. Yay so excited ohhh are you on charlottemommies? I'm on there too and I'm in the south group.
Yvonne
Wow! you've been there for 3 years already! We've been member of the Y since we moved to Charlotte about 3.5 years ago. So far, I've only volunteer for special events. I just finished doing my Child Abuse Training online so I can start volunteering at the Reception. Next time I go to the Morrison I'm going to ask for you. What's your schedule like? I was planning to go to cardiofunk tonight but I'm a little under the weather

I only have one son and he is 8 and 1/2 (3rd grade). I don't belong to Charlottemommies. Is that another online forum? Or do you guys get together somewhere?

So glad I found you here!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 09:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar-leabowtique View Post
I am about 15 minutes west of Charlotte in Stanley...30 minutes from Ballantyne, gotta love 485! Yeah we should find someone to teach us!!
I have made some but they are not that great!

BTW, I love Mary Joes I actually just went yesterday and got a bunch of fabric for pillowcase dresses. Do you do any shows??
How sad am I that i don't know where Stanley is. I do a few shows but I have become super picky since so many were a bust. Now I will only do them if it's not the first year of the show and they have no more than 1 other bow maker. I went to one show and there was like 4 of us selling bows....it sucked. I started the farmer's market in ballantyne last spring it ran 6 months. It will be starting again in may. It is every Tuesday from 4-8. It was really good for me last year and the great thing is that will not allow other bow makers so I don't have to worry about that. Do you do any shows? The ladies southern Christmas would be a good one but I know it is expensive. I hope we can find someone since our class is getting bigger
Yvonne
Old 02-18-2010, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondStitches View Post
Wow! you've been there for 3 years already! We've been member of the Y since we moved to Charlotte about 3.5 years ago. So far, I've only volunteer for special events. I just finished doing my Child Abuse Training online so I can start volunteering at the Reception. Next time I go to the Morrison I'm going to ask for you. What's your schedule like? I was planning to go to cardiofunk tonight but I'm a little under the weather

I only have one son and he is 8 and 1/2 (3rd grade). I don't belong to Charlottemommies. Is that another online forum? Or do you guys get together somewhere?

So glad I found you here!!!
Yeah I started when Ava was 9 weeks old. It has been so good for her. She will be going to preschool there next year. I work m-w in the morning. I work 8:30-12:00. I'm going in a bit to take cycle. I looked at your facebook and your crocheting is amazing!!!! I can knit a bit but it takes too long. I'll have you make some things for the kids
yvonne
Old 02-18-2010, 09:06

That is great! Do they provide free child care while you work there?

I might go tomorrow morning since I have to drop off my certificate from the child abuse training. I'll try to find you.

Thanks for stopping by my fan page! I'm not very active with it. I was just thinking about making a new one for my hair accessories only but I haven't decided on a name and logo yet. I'll keep beyondstitches for all my hobbies and crafts. I don't really sell my knit/crochet items. They take way too much time to make. I can make hundreds of hair bows with the time it takes me to make an amigurumi, lol If you would like to learn, I'll be more than happy to help you. I used to run a knitting club at Endhaven Elm. I thought about having a little summer camp at my home last summer but I changed my mind

Good night!

Old 02-22-2010, 06:32

i'm in waxhaw!!! i just started so which one is the twisted? i bet i can do it if i try really hard!

btw...union county rules, mecklenburg county drools...haha
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif