New product--7/8' paw prints grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' star grosgrain ribbon
new products-3/8' snowmen grosgrain ribbon
New product--2.25' polka dot grosgrain ribbon
new products--7/8' cheetah skin print grosgrain ribbon
new products-1oz mixing cups

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-16-2010, 10:23

Default how to attach bling sliders to flip flops

I am trying to attach the bling buckle sliders to flip flops but dont want to use ribbon in the slider. i have e6000 but the buckles have the two bars on the back so there isnt enough surface to secure it to the flip flop. i am afraid if i sew it on, even with drapery thread, that the wearer will be able to feel it. has anybody done these before? i will see if i can insert a picture of what i am trying to do. thanks!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/flatbackbuttons-300.jpg
Old 02-16-2010, 12:49

Default Re: how to attach bling sliders to flip flops

just a bump
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05

Looks like they put the slide thru the ribbon on the center and then wrapped the straps

HTH a little

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldwal View Post
I am trying to attach the bling buckle sliders to flip flops but dont want to use ribbon in the slider. i have e6000 but the buckles have the two bars on the back so there isnt enough surface to secure it to the flip flop. i am afraid if i sew it on, even with drapery thread, that the wearer will be able to feel it. has anybody done these before? i will see if i can insert a picture of what i am trying to do. thanks!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:53

Hi!

Those are actually my shoes. With the crown, you really are going to need to use ribbon to attach the buckle to the strap. If you don't, the bars will show.

Some of my other buckles (www.thebuckleboutique.com) work well without any ribbon, but the crown is not one that I recommend doing without it.

Some of my buckles that work well on flip flops without ribbon include: the fleur de lis, puffy heart, kitty, skull and cross bone, the solid peace signs, flower, all the sports: baseball, softball, football, soccer, basketball, volleyball, tennis ball, etc.

I suggest you rough up the surface of the buckle and flip flop strap. Then take fishing line or microfilament and very tightly wrap it around the buckle's bar and the flip flop strap. Once the buckle is securely fastened to the strap, squeeze some E-6000 between the buckle and the strap. Clamp the buckle to the strap until the E-6000 is completely dry. Wha! La! You have just embellished your flip flop!

Another option that I have just introduced is the shoe clip. Those are super easy (and come in the crown) is the clip. You just sell the clip and the customer puts it on themselves. It requires no work on your part and you can offer your customer more choices and opportunities to purchase more!

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks! Cathie
Old 02-17-2010, 09:04

those are so cute!!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:13

Thanks! That is one of my best selling styles. It is so versatile and the crown really sparkles and shines!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:16

Hi Cathie!! I just sent you a pm with a question I hope you can help me with!!
Thanks!!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:28

I'm very interested in making these flip flops. I make the flip flops with the ribbon with a bow on top. I have seen these flip flops and called and asked some questions. The girl that sold them said the bow on the flip flop can be change out so that your not stuck with one ribbon. Can you tell me what size ribbon is used? and how to make the bow. is the bow glued? I'm going to order the buckles from you. I'm needing this information ASAP. Thanks
Old 05-17-2010, 04:44

Hmmm. Because of the way the crown is made (2 bars on the back in a "V" shape, it would be hard to put a bow in them. I think it would virtually impossible to change a bow out. A 7/8 inch ribbon is used to make those.

Honestly, when I started my flip flop line, I was a bow girl and still like for a few of the styles. However, I have come to prefer no bow most of the time. I always prefer the crown without a bow (even when we could do it - long time ago with a different bar configuration). The crown is busy enough without a bow. In my opinion, the bow detracts from the look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchograms View Post
I'm very interested in making these flip flops. I make the flip flops with the ribbon with a bow on top. I have seen these flip flops and called and asked some questions. The girl that sold them said the bow on the flip flop can be change out so that your not stuck with one ribbon. Can you tell me what size ribbon is used? and how to make the bow. is the bow glued? I'm going to order the buckles from you. I'm needing this information ASAP. Thanks
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/sprinklemewithlove.gif