New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-19-2008, 09:50

Default Re: Cherry Blossom

This might work as a cherry blossom:
Shows A - Z : Carol Duvall Show : Mother's Day Corsages : Home & Garden Television

or this:

Crafts : Ribbon Art : Ribbon Flower Topiary : Home & Garden Television
Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2008, 09:25

thanks, they festival is not until mid March.
I am going to try my hand a a few things and see if they look alright.

Lauren
Mommy to Brooklyn and Brianna
Old 05-26-2011, 08:31

I love cherry blossoms. I love anything just about in Japanese culture thouh so I woul love that!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jene_b View Post
You could do a 5 petal flower with a 4 petal flower ontop and just get the right color ribbon. Here is how to make a 5 petal and 4 petal flower... (see pattern below)

To experiment with cut about 12 -12 1/2 RW (Rw is your ribbon width: ex 5 RW is the width of your ribbon times 5). Seal ends.

Leave about 1/8" at each end or ribbon when you begin stitching, Divide the ribbon into five lengths by folding to help keep the petal even. Make the petals about 2 -2 1/2 RWs.

Sew a continuous stitch starting at one end of ribbon with a knotted thread (heavy thread, I use floss) and backstitch over the edge to make sure the knot is secure. When you get to the end of one petal at the bottom you will either 1. exit the back and then lift your needle up and over the edge to continue to stitch onthe front or 2. the thread exited the front adn you will then bring you needle down adn under the edge to continue the stitch at the back. I usually start drawing in my petal after each one seems to be easier to me and it lets me check my petal size.

You will then stitch to the end leaving 1/8 " and then start pulling the thread in tightly to form the flower. Backstitch and knot but don't cut your thread.

You will then put your needle through the beginning knot and pull tight closing the flower and you will then backstitch and knot again to complete your flower petals. You can then instert some stamen through the middle to give it the true cherry blossom look.

I will have some time Wednesday to maybe take some step by step pics. But, I drew a picture of what the stitch is suppose to look like. It is in adobe since I scanned it.

I hope this helps.
*****UGH....I did not pay attention to the date on this thread! It is old! Sorry! That is like the 3rd one I have seen like this. I feel stupid for replying.

Last edited by ronnie; 05-27-2011 at 04:55. Reason: old thread from way long ago
Old 05-27-2011, 05:02

Im begining to think you are doing this JUST to get your post count up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammperry2 View Post
I love cherry blossoms. I love anything just about in Japanese culture thouh so I woul love that!

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
*****UGH....I did not pay attention to the date on this thread! It is old! Sorry! That is like the 3rd one I have seen like this. I feel stupid for replying.
Seems to be a lot of OLD threads popping up today. Someone is on a serial old thread bump today.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Smiles View Post
Seems to be a lot of OLD threads popping up today. Someone is on a serial old thread bump today.
Okay.....I thought I was losing my mind here. The last 4 or 5 I have looked at have all been from a LONG time ago. One from 2007. IDK...most people don't reply to them anymore and usually contact a member on there privately.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
Okay.....I thought I was losing my mind here. The last 4 or 5 I have looked at have all been from a LONG time ago. One from 2007. IDK...most people don't reply to them anymore and usually contact a member on there privately.
I clicked on a bunch of old threads myself. One or two olds threads brought back up doesn't seem to bother me...but I have always wondered why one person will bring up a large amount of old threads.......I don't get what's the point in doing so?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:16

I am getting peeved that I am having to go through a bunch of flooded old threads with nothing but "how pretty" to find new ones from today. I am looking for new threads with members who need help.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:23

The point is is to raise her post counts..... she been here since 2009, she kows better that to just put "oh pretty " to lots of threads...

If she would just mingle with us her post count would sky rocket with out trying....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_Smiles View Post
I clicked on a bunch of old threads myself. One or two olds threads brought back up doesn't seem to bother me...but I have always wondered why one person will bring up a large amount of old threads.......I don't get what's the point in doing so?

Holiday, Princess, ballet shoes.....

ALL PROUDLY MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif