150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:40

Default Gonna try ET Lite for the first time today...any pointers/tips/advice?????

Tia!!!

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:00

Default Re: Gonna try ET Lite for the first time today...any pointers/tips/advice?????

make sure you use the exact same amount from each bottle or it will come out cloudy!!

make sure you use modge podge on the edges and tops of your images or you will get these grease stain looking spots on your image.

use a disposible cup to mix in ( lol i used one of my short glass cups the first time and had to throw it away) lol!!!

have fun!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:10

Default Re: Gonna try ET Lite for the first time today...any pointers/tips/advice?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyt19784 View Post
make sure you use the exact same amount from each bottle or it will come out cloudy!!

make sure you use modge podge on the edges and tops of your images or you will get these grease stain looking spots on your image.

use a disposible cup to mix in ( lol i used one of my short glass cups the first time and had to throw it away) lol!!!

have fun!!!
THANKS!!! What do you apply it with??? Someone mentioned a paint brush.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:20

I apply with a toothpick. I use the side in a smoothing motion. I would advise you to do a few and then wait until they are dry to see if you're having any problems. It really stinks to do a bunch and find out you didn't have enough coverage and you get the water spots. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:26

Question...I know this thread is a little bit dated but the topic is spot on to the issue I am having...

I had some caps come out cloudy last night Are they trash now or is there anyway to "fix" the cloudiness?? I am so bummed out! My first batch turned out perfect, but the second batch is not super clear.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:39

i apply with a popsicle stick paint bruses cost more to replace you can only use them the one time

as for the cloudy ness it could be a couple things, if you put a coat of modge podge on befote the etlite then you have to make sure the modge podge is completley dry or it can make it cloudy looking or if you didn't mix the etlite well or not the exact same measurements from each bottle i'm not sure if there is a way to save them now
Old 02-26-2010, 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyt19784 View Post
i apply with a popsicle stick paint bruses cost more to replace you can only use them the one time

as for the cloudy ness it could be a couple things, if you put a coat of modge podge on befote the etlite then you have to make sure the modge podge is completley dry or it can make it cloudy looking or if you didn't mix the etlite well or not the exact same measurements from each bottle i'm not sure if there is a way to save them now
Oh what a bummer! It kills me to pitch them!!!!! Money down the drain
Old 02-26-2010, 10:18

i know what ya mean try peeling the images off the caps first before you throw the whole cap away, i threw away over 100 caps before i realized duh just peel off the image lol!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:35

These are flattened caps, so it will be hard to pull it apart, but I will make an effort before I pitch them. I was so excited because I really liked the way the looked (aside from the cloudiness of course!). But dang, these caps were pre-flattened, pre-drilled and had the rings already attached. I am going to work like crazy to figure something out on these!!

I think I rushed on the mixing and wasn't super careful in ensuring I had the exact same amounts of both components. I know for the first batch I was very precise. I think I was just too anxious the second time around. Lesson learned the hard way....
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg