New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-13-2010, 11:00

Default Question about hair bows..please help!!

Hello Ladies,

I am a newbie at making hair bows..I wanted to know if it makes sense for me to buy reference guide materials to help me get started? if so, what reference guide should I buy? ..or, is most of this stuff self taught?

Please help!!

Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2010, 11:01

Default Re: Question about hair bows..please help!!

I really feel all you need to know is free. Check out all the free instructions and lots of practice.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:45

When I started, I bought the No Bow No Go (NBNG) system. (DVD and wooden bow maker...I love it for all types of bows, except twisted I still prefer to do by hand.) While I do not regret it because it gave a lot of tips, tricks, ideas, and gave it all to me right there and I didn't have to spend hours hunting it down, you can still find most everything out there for free. There is SO MUCH info out there, it was very beneficial to me to buy templates and start with that and then branch out and try little things here and there that I found for free. There are alot of women who pride themselves on never buying templates and others who enjoy self teaching themselves. I'm not that patient. Plus, the money I spent on the instructions have already paid for themselves through, not only the bows I've sold, but also the materials that I would have wasted through trial and error. (Though there was still a lot of trial and error, but not as much as there would have been!) For example, I knew that all the info was out there for free when I was asked to make a tutu for one of my coworkers. I was a little too lazy to hunt everything down so I bought some basic instructions for 6 dollars that had everything I need to do several different types of tutus. I sold that first tut for 20 dollars, thus paying for the instructions and still making money. Lol....can you tell I'm a little bit of an advocate for instructions...but mainly because I'm impatient and worried of messing stuff up!
Old 02-13-2010, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespotteddot View Post
When I started, I bought the No Bow No Go (NBNG) system. (DVD and wooden bow maker...I love it for all types of bows, except twisted I still prefer to do by hand.) While I do not regret it because it gave a lot of tips, tricks, ideas, and gave it all to me right there and I didn't have to spend hours hunting it down, you can still find most everything out there for free. There is SO MUCH info out there, it was very beneficial to me to buy templates and start with that and then branch out and try little things here and there that I found for free. There are alot of women who pride themselves on never buying templates and others who enjoy self teaching themselves. I'm not that patient. Plus, the money I spent on the instructions have already paid for themselves through, not only the bows I've sold, but also the materials that I would have wasted through trial and error. (Though there was still a lot of trial and error, but not as much as there would have been!) For example, I knew that all the info was out there for free when I was asked to make a tutu for one of my coworkers. I was a little too lazy to hunt everything down so I bought some basic instructions for 6 dollars that had everything I need to do several different types of tutus. I sold that first tut for 20 dollars, thus paying for the instructions and still making money. Lol....can you tell I'm a little bit of an advocate for instructions...but mainly because I'm impatient and worried of messing stuff up!
yup yup what she said!!! totally agree!
Old 02-13-2010, 01:26

While I do think there are some great free instructions, especially when it comes to ribbon art and korkers. I did end up breaking down and getting templates (I use TOTT from Ribbon Retreat). What the templates did for me was making sure every single bow I make is exactly the same. I do my twisted boutiques by hand though through the measure/mark method. I know that every basic, tails down, pinwheel are exact and I think my customers would notice if the bows varied!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:31

Thanks for the info!! I really appreciate it..
Old 02-13-2010, 03:32

Thanks for the info..Where would I get this No Bow system??

A
Old 02-14-2010, 09:49

I believe the TOTT comes from The Ribbon Retreat and No Bow No Go comes from right here at hipgirlclips.com in the store part. I use the NBNG, but have heard rave review about TOTT too. There is also a user here with the user name "allthefrills" who sells bow instructions. Her bows are fantastic looking so you might look at her instructions on etsy, too! Oh, and I think threeblessingsbowtique has several instructions on her site as well, so you've got plenty of options!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:51

ToTTs is great as are all of the others mentioned on here. I know because I have them all.

You may want to try looking here first before you purchase anything: (these instructions are just as good and are free)

http://www.girlythingsbows.com/

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/in...56f9ec9353e688
Old 02-14-2010, 11:14

Ronnie - love the bow in your avatar! How pretty!! I love that Sweetheart Stitch Ribbon! What color did you use as your base bow on it?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.