New products--small fold over bow card for craft show
Hipgirl 20pcs 1.75 Inch Hair Clips Barrettes--Boutique No Slip Grip Metal Babies Girls Todders Teens Women Grosgrain Ribbon Lined Single Prong Alligator Clip With Teeth, Assorted Beauty Accessories
HipGirl DIY Bulk Plain Craft Plastic Headbands--Create Individualized and Personalized Girls Women Hair Accessories (30pc 1/2" (11 mm) Inch Ivory Non - Tapered)
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina.gif
New products--hip girl clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/30mm-webbing-dk-pink.jpg
New products--daisy new colors

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-18-2008, 03:18

Default Re: No Slip Clips - Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by delia View Post
I'm having a hard time picturing this type. If you can, can you post a picture of it. I might have to run out and pick some up tomorrow. I only have the weave one and it's hard to glue since the glue goes through.
I tried that initially, also - same problem. You need to get something without holes - more expensive but it will work. The self adhesive shelf liner I have is Duck brand Grip & Hold Easy Liner - it is not as thick as the other type of shelf liner (which is about 1/8" thick) but it was the only self-adhesive brand.

MichelleB
Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2008, 04:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
I tried that initially, also - same problem. You need to get something without holes - more expensive but it will work. The self adhesive shelf liner I have is Duck brand Grip & Hold Easy Liner - it is not as thick as the other type of shelf liner (which is about 1/8" thick) but it was the only self-adhesive brand.

MichelleB
What department would I be able to find this at? And what store? I will have to bring my 2yr old daughter with me and don't want to be running around all over like a maniac...hehehe
Old 02-18-2008, 06:44

Quote:
What department would I be able to find this at? And what store? I will have to bring my 2yr old daughter with me and don't want to be running around all over like a maniac...hehehe

You can get the self-adhesive stuff at Lowes/Home Depot. The two wal-marts near me don't carry the carpet stuff (odd since they are super wal-marts). If you just want to try a bit pm and I'll mail you a strip of the carpet stuff

~Bren
Old 02-18-2008, 07:31

Quote:
I'm having a hard time picturing this type. If you can, can you post a picture of it. I might have to run out and pick some up tomorrow. I only have the weave one and it's hard to glue since the glue goes through.

I found it at Target over in the area with all of the ironing boards, dish drainers and household storage items etc

Here are some pictures.

~*~Laura ~*~
Old 02-18-2008, 08:20

I've never tried shelf liner as from the very beginning I knew about it, others has been saying about the Latex. There's some ppl that are allergic to Latex and I'm not about to take chance on it: just because of this one reason. I started using the Duck Brand right away since it's Latex free.

Laura, thank you for posting the pic. Is that Latex free? It looks thicker than Duck Brand. I might just try it and offer as a 2nd choice/option.

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:48

Oh- I don't know.
I threw away the wrapper before I even looked at the brand or anything.
Sorry I can't help you more...

~*~Laura ~*~
Old 02-18-2008, 08:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommieze View Post
Oh- I don't know.
I threw away the wrapper before I even looked at the brand or anything.
Sorry I can't help you more...

oh laura, sok..lol..I guess i can go looksie. thank you tho.. .=)

I'm not all that. I just like the last part.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:26

Yeah the DUCK HOLD-IT FOR RUGS does have latex in it. I didn't think about that either. I don't know about their self-liner.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:13

WOW!!! I had some velvet ribbon lying around and so I lined one of my alligator clips with it. All I have to say is wow!! My daughter has had it in her hair mostly all day and it did not budge. I'm still going to try the other grips that everyone else mention though just cause I'm not sure how expensive it would be to by velvet ribbon in bulk.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:55

Quote:
At my Wal-Mart, it's with kitchen/household goods (near paper plates & cups, and cleaning supplies - in that general area). My roll does not say anything about Latex so I can't assume it's Latex-free. Another reason I shifted to velvet is because I thought it might wear off after a while - my daughter's haven't but I sell clippies in a local boutique and I have no idea how often the buyers use/abuse the clips.

For the velvet, are you lininig the entire clip or just the underside? Sometimes I line the entire clip (I did that for holiday clippies) but I also use 1/4 velvet (so it won't show) to line just the undside of grosgrain-lined clips. When I line just the underside, it takes about 1 inch, so I don't have to buy very much and it lasts a long time.

MichelleB
Sponsored Links