ribbon and bows and free hairbow instructions

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/peony-ad.gif
7-8 zebra and leopard grosgrain ribbon
New product--7/8' sister ribbon
Mini Pinwheel Bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-18-2008, 11:49

Default Korker ribbon question

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask and it's a dumb question I'm sure . I've never done Korkers before. When I see ads that show korker ribbon that is 1 yd does that mean 1 yd before curiling or after?

TIA~
Bren
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-18-2008, 11:51

Default Re: Korker ribbon question

No question is silly or dumb! Before rolling it measure 1 yard
Old 02-18-2008, 02:05

You know you can make your own korker ribbon and many people that are members here sell it. I purchased mine on a whim one night on e-bay. It was late and I got a good price, at least I think, It was about 28 cents a yard including shipping. I got it from SouthernSawdust. There was a slight error in my product (not a big deal) and she sent me a whole new order of 60 yards...It was above and beyond for customer service. I feel like I owe it to her to pass her name on.

Leslie
Old 02-18-2008, 02:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaBren View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask and it's a dumb question I'm sure . I've never done Korkers before. When I see ads that show korker ribbon that is 1 yd does that mean 1 yd before curiling or after?

TIA~
Bren
Usually it's measured before curling, but it's always good to ask the seller. Most people don't have an oven large enough to curl on a yard long rod (even diagonally - at least I know I don't ). You may also want to ask what diameter rod was used to curl the ribbon (I like to use 1/4 inch for a tight curl). After the ribbon is curled, it will be about half as long as it was before curling, so 1 yard uncurled is about 18-20 inches long after curling. You should plan to get 6 to 8 pieces (depending on how big you want the bow) out of each 1 yard strand, and plan on using maybe 30 pieces per bow (more or less for desired fullness). I use about 5 yards of ribbon per bow, but you could use anywhere from 3-7 yards.

There are lots of free korker instructions on the internet and threads on the topic on this forum, just search.

Good luck!

MichelleB

Last edited by MichelleB; 02-18-2008 at 02:37.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:50

Thanx everyone for the responses. I've used korker ribbon before (just a couple pieces in the center of other bows but I've never made an actual Korker bow before. I just made up a bunch of korkers. I'm not good at being able to make printed/satin ones (I can't seem to get my oven temp/combo) right so I was thinking of just buying some of those so I can use a couple strands per bow.

Thanx agian!

Bren
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg