New product--flat back resin
Hipgirl 40 Yards 3/8" Grosgrain Fabric Ribbon Polka Dot Set For Gift Package Wrapping, Hair Bow Clips & Accessories Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-20x2yd Swiss Polka Dot
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/heatnbond-lt-ad.jpg
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-12-2010, 09:14

Default Online Bow Party.... Help

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to do an online bow party?? I have been trying with no luck to find out how to do this. Do you have to have certain software or be a member of a certain website or what? How do you do it?? Please, help! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies
Old 02-12-2010, 09:25

Default Re: Online Bow Party.... Help

I have the hostess decide on her date and it goes for a week. I create an e-invite for her to send to her family and friends with the Hostess Code. Then when people shop and check out they enter the Hostess Code to receive a 10% discount and it also helps me track orders to total up the Hostess' party total at the end of the week. She receives perks based on the party total and a % of the party total in free credit good for 30 days from the end of the party.

I also throw in free bows or clippies for hosting, and also a few other special perks if her show goes over $150. I don't use any special software since Mals E-cart have everything that I need. I also use Shoppe Pro for my web host and it has some features that makes it easy for me.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:27

I use Mals e-cart as well. So your hostess code is just the discount code that you use?? I use a free webs site right now. So they just shop on your site and they have a certain time frame to do it? That sounds super easy! When you get the orders sent to you does it have the hostess code on there somewhere so you don't get the online party orders mixed up with other orders?? Just wondering. I have a couple of people intersted in this. Thanks so much.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:49

I'd love to try this - what a great idea! I saw that you use a free web site right now? Can you share what that is? I've been hosting through WAHM shoppes but am looking for something cheaper.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesandribbon View Post
I'd love to try this - what a great idea! I saw that you use a free web site right now? Can you share what that is? I've been hosting through WAHM shoppes but am looking for something cheaper.
Sure, I use webs.com. It is super easy. You don't have to know much about HTML but if you do then you can do so much more. There is also officelive.com, I didn't like that one. Had a problem adding my pictures so they could be seen good.

Let me know if you need any help. If you want you can check out my site. I am still in the middle of "construction" but I am adding new stuff every day.

www.scbowtique.webs.com
Old 02-13-2010, 03:23

I have a template that I bought & had it uploaded to WAHM shoppes. I am so not HTML or web site literate - can I just transfer my template to a different site? Mine is currently at: www.rufflesandribbon.com But I haven't updated in forever - like a year or more.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:01

On the order under payment details you'll see the discount code that was used and can match it up that way. I set the code to expire on a certain date so it can't be used again. I also use the first & last initials of the hostess and the percentage off as the code (i.e. CT10). That way I can know who's is who's order.

It's super easy. They just shop on my site and have 7 days to shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberMommy View Post
I use Mals e-cart as well. So your hostess code is just the discount code that you use?? I use a free webs site right now. So they just shop on your site and they have a certain time frame to do it? That sounds super easy! When you get the orders sent to you does it have the hostess code on there somewhere so you don't get the online party orders mixed up with other orders?? Just wondering. I have a couple of people intersted in this. Thanks so much.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesandribbon View Post
I have a template that I bought & had it uploaded to WAHM shoppes. I am so not HTML or web site literate - can I just transfer my template to a different site? Mine is currently at: www.rufflesandribbon.com But I haven't updated in forever - like a year or more.
Was the template you got in code?? If so, you should be able to. But not 100% sure. There is an option when you are looking through templates that has a blank one and it says "custom". You might could enter it there. Not real sure. I am sorry I am not much help.

What you could do since it is free is maybe try it and see if it works before you switch anything over. I do know that you can transfer any domain that you have. But just try it and if you don't like it, you can always cancel it. It's free so you aren't really losing anything. LOL

I also thought about the site I used before I got my website started. It is nothing but an online store. Ecrater.com That might be a way to go as well. I thought it was a little too plain for me. But some on here like it and use it. So, I guess it depends on your needs and what you like. Sorry. HTH.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:20

I appreciate the help! Thanks.
Sponsored Links