http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-07-2010, 03:51

Default OK Girls Need Some Outfit Help

My little girl has a pageant coming up....this is a wonderful pageant and the kids have so much fun doing it. It is the HIllbilly Pageant for our upcoming annual Hillbilly Days Festival...for those of you who have no idea about KY this is a **HUGE** festival and it helps raise money for the Shriner's Childrens Hospital and Burn Center.

For the pageant we compete in Sunday's Best and in Hillbilly Wear...thats where we need the help. You an do regular overall hillbilly stuff or can pick a Hillbilly like Ellie Mae, Daisy Duke, ect. So we have decided to go with Daisy Duke this year....What comes to mind when you girls think Daisy Duke....we know short shorts or skirt LOL but what about shirt wise and shoes...we are struggling HELLLLPPPPP
Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2010, 04:04

Default Re: OK Girls Need Some Outfit Help

Geez I have no clue but wanted to say that that is wonderful that the festival raises money for Shriners!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:12

I think of a red and white checkered shirt tied at the bottom and of course cow girl boots.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:24

Yeah, I also think of some kind of checkered tied shirt. Ruffles that match the shrt around the legs of the shorts would be cute. Where at in Ky is this festival? I'm from Louisville, sounds like fun.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhardison1 View Post
Yeah, I also think of some kind of checkered tied shirt. Ruffles that match the shrt around the legs of the shorts would be cute. Where at in Ky is this festival? I'm from Louisville, sounds like fun.

The actual festival is in Pikeville, KY on April 15th-17th this year. It is a HUGE festival with hundreds of thousands of ppl each year.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaebows View Post
Geez I have no clue but wanted to say that that is wonderful that the festival raises money for Shriners!

I agree I love the idea of helping the Shirner's...my little girl knows that the money she is raising is to help sick children not for her pageant cause we pay her entry fee ourselves so that all of our money goes to help.

They let them sell business ads for $12.50, $25, $50 and $100
Plus they get to sell Good Luck Wishes for $1 each
then they sell chances...sometimes on $100 or a tv or something not sure yet what the chances are for this year.
Plus we can take donations....alot of ppl do the donations and ads cause they are tax deductible.

We made over $1500 one year!!!
Old 02-07-2010, 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaNicole45 View Post
My little girl has a pageant coming up....this is a wonderful pageant and the kids have so much fun doing it. It is the HIllbilly Pageant for our upcoming annual Hillbilly Days Festival...for those of you who have no idea about KY this is a **HUGE** festival and it helps raise money for the Shriner's Childrens Hospital and Burn Center.

For the pageant we compete in Sunday's Best and in Hillbilly Wear...thats where we need the help. You an do regular overall hillbilly stuff or can pick a Hillbilly like Ellie Mae, Daisy Duke, ect. So we have decided to go with Daisy Duke this year....What comes to mind when you girls think Daisy Duke....we know short shorts or skirt LOL but what about shirt wise and shoes...we are struggling HELLLLPPPPP
For the sirt I would say a tee with the rebel flag on it. Thats the only thing that comes to mind when I think of daisy duke
Old 02-07-2010, 06:28

well I would do the red and white checker shirt and tie it around the belly button area, but then I would put ruffles around the bottom of the shorts and make 2 white bows and have her wear pig tails. But don't forget the cowboy boots and cowboy hat.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:33

I would do a bandana halter top. They make them for lo. It's like a giant hanker chife that ties in the back. I would put that with the daisy dukes or a demium skrit and cowgirl boot. Then I would do low braided pig tails with bows to match and a straw hat.
Sponsored Links