150-forum-ads
hip girl boutique ballet dance gymnastic skating bun cover rhinestone hip girl boutique 40pc grosgrain ribbon wrapped 2 inch snap clips barrettes hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows clips
hip girl boutique 18pc grosgrain mini bow tie hair bow clips for baby infant toddler women adult
hip girl sparkle glitter headbands for dancing ballet stage cheerleading girls women high school college
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3in-spike-bows-rainbow.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-08-2010, 01:05

Default Re: What type of paper do I use to print images for ...

it's not the paper you use, is the printer, ink jet printers bleed laser printers don't so if you have ink jet you have to seal your image first, micro glaze works great!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 05:43

Can I ask why you use 4x6 and not a 8 x10 sheet, do you print them out on card stock and or photo paper?

Thank you
Marcie
Old 06-22-2011, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativekiddos View Post
I never print mine at home. I make set my images to 4 x 6 and send them to Walgreens to be made into prints. Something in how they process them into photo's stops the images from bleeding. Every paper I have tried from home ended up bleeding so I gave up with that option.
How do you print images like tv characters, team logos, etc.? I'm looking for somewhere to print mine as well, but I'm not sure how those types of images are handled, even with online printing.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:14

Thank so much!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:57

If you have photo paper it will give you a glossy print out. My first trial run was regular computer paper. When it printed, I thought "oh dear!" but I used Triple Thick and it's glossy and clear as can be. I see the same cute bottle cap bows off etsy and I was determined to do it for myself. I used mac's "iwork" and mask the image into a circle and then I can move my photo within the masked shape and never have to recrop my images. Also, you can go to the disney website and select your movie, go to characters, and save the wallpaper images. That's what I did for all my cute toy story image files.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha3 View Post
bottle caps?? I had some old bottle caps that I bought off of ebay a while ago w/Strawberry Shortcake on them and when I went to glaze one of them, the image started to run.

I'm really starting to like this bottle cap thing and would like to make my own images. If anyone is willing to share with me, I would be very appreciative. I am not looking to sell images anywhere, I just want to learn for myself.

I'm seeing lots of cool ones on Etsy like the Barbie profile and Cat in the Hat and SSC, Princesses, etc.

Thanks for any help

Tabitha
I use this great photo sticker paper that I got off of amazon.com because it goes on even and looks a lot better. You can download photoscape and combine and image or even two 4 x 6 images sheets so you aren't wasting paper. When you punch out an image though, you have to punch a plain piece of paper after or the glue get all gummed up in the hole punch.

Here's a link to the paper I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKV2H4

Then, I just print them at home with my printer. They work really well, you just have to let them dry for a few minutes on the darker images or you will get smudges.

Also, a lot of times you can find sites that have stock images that can be used for free. I know I saw a post somewhere on the forum about it. Just search for bottlecap images and it should come up.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:17

Thanks for you note
Old 08-23-2011, 09:42

Default HELP please! :)

I am having the same problem & i am new to all this bottle cap stuff...can anyone walk me thru step by step how to make these. I have the bottle caps purchased & the adhesive glue things to put over the images ....how do i make the images??? Help please!
Thanks
Kara
Old 10-13-2011, 02:42

If you're looking to make the images yourself, you make your designs inside a 1 inch circle in a photo editing program. Otherwise you can buy the pre-made image sheets. If you make the images yourself, make sure to keep it at 300dpi for a good print out.

Some ladies will make their sheets 4x6 and other will do 8x10, it really depends on how many images you want to fit on a sheet and how you're printing them. I personally take mine to office max and have them printed on 8.5x11 sheets of glossy paper and it works out great. And then i use the epoxy stickers, which won't cause your images to run.

Hope this helped.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:33

You will need a photo editing program of some sort to make the round images. I use photoshop elements personally, but I have heard of people using gimp too.
I even think the new word (latest version) will do shapes for you and you might be able to use it, but I haven't tried it.

Use a xyro sticker maker to stick the circles to the bottlecaps. Have them printed at walmart, walgreens or target and they shouldn't bleed. Most of those machines use laser printing so there is no ink to bleed. I found Walmarts machines don't give as clear an image as Target, but that may just be at my stores locally.

Wholesale site: http://www.zibbet.com/TheCraftCorner
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif