key fob hardware marabou cherry-blossom-silk-hair-flower 3/8" double ruffle ribbon free tutorial-bottle caps felt circle http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/3in-spike-18pc-set.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-03-2010, 11:32

Default Tutu fabric

I want to make some tutus but when I went a bought some tulle the other day, It turned out to be extremely stiff? Do they make softer tulle? And where can I find it? Which one makes a better looking TuTu?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-03-2010, 12:06

Default Re: Tutu fabric

I use the 6" tulle that comes on the rolls! I really like it, it seems to work really good!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnLGARRETT65 View Post
I use the 6" tulle that comes on the rolls! I really like it, it seems to work really good!
Thats what I bought but it seems so stiff and I just thought there may be diffrent qualities?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:18

Where did you get it? I get mine on the bolt from JoAnn's, and have never had a problem with it. I don't like stiff tulle. I wouldn't let my dd wear it, so I won't make it for anyone else's princess.
Maybe you could toss it in the dryer? On my dd's tutu shirts, every time I wash them, the tulle gets softer...
Old 02-03-2010, 12:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
Thats what I bought but it seems so stiff and I just thought there may be diffrent qualities?

That's not good! I occasionally buy mine at Hobby Lobby where I live but I really like to buy it from a website called Papermart.com, I have been very pleased with theirs!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:35

I want to buy wholesale so maybe I will try that website. I think maybe I bought a bad spool because there was stitches through the whole thing almost. It was at a local very very small fabric store so maybe they buy damages and over stock? Thanks for all the advice!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachie2531 View Post
I want to buy wholesale so maybe I will try that website. I think maybe I bought a bad spool because there was stitches through the whole thing almost. It was at a local very very small fabric store so maybe they buy damages and over stock? Thanks for all the advice!
That could very well be the case! You are very welcome. Good luck with it all, let us know how it goes!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:11

I use the tulle on a spool from JoAnn's. It's wedding tulle. A lot softer than bolt tulle IMO. Favor Frenzy has a lot of options of great quality tulle for a reasonable price! GL!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:20

I get my tulle for tutu's from www.tullesource.com It is very soft and have had people comment on how soft it is. It comes on the rolls and in many different colors. I have been very pleased with them
Old 03-09-2010, 08:59

I got a bunch of tule from COD wholesale...6 in rolls and I really liked it and the price is good too....
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.