printed bottle caps fabric tape http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/categories/rhine-stone-flat-back-title-sm.jpg stripe ribbon mini bows 7/8" saddle stitch grosgrain ribbon crochet headband trim

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-03-2010, 11:02

Default Re: Bad stores!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperlingd View Post
How Rude! Bad Stores! at least they don't customize or add those extra little touches that make things special, and the quality will never be as good as what we make, yes there are those that go for price over quality but there are alot of people like me who feel that the way things are these days my money only goes to quality products that are gonna be around for along time

thats how I feel... one of my newest customers was yelling at me as she has spent about $100 on bows from walmart and other places for her granddaughter and was like "I would have rather paid you double since the quality is so much better" for me thats great, but many people are that way these days.. cheaper isnt always better and there is no telling what kind of factory it was made in, but at least we do everything possible to make our products safe for children and most of all.. With love!!
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/jewelboxballerina-300.jpg
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08

I saw butterflies clips like this at Zellers in Canada. The quality was awful though...they were fraying like crazy right on the cards. When I went back a couple of weeks later though, they were all sold out of them.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:22

UGH! What are they doing?! Stupid stores! Hopefully people will choose quality over price! You always get what you pay for.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:27

My mom works at a Childrens Place in Texas and she has already had several people try to return these butterflies because after one wear they are falling apart!
Old 02-03-2010, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytwogirls View Post
Seriously? A set of 2 for $1.87! Urgh! I am sure the quality is not the greatest, but for $1.87 I doubt people would care.

I agree- especially around here where I live.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:37

I just think about all the clothing that's available cheaply in stores, that can also be made/purchased homemade. When I'm at a craft fair/farmers market I will always spend more for handmade quality rather then buy it at a store. Lots of people feel that way as well - or else sites like Etsy and Artfire would be out of business instead of BOOMING.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:45

Everything goes mainstream at some point. I mean you can buy knit hats anywhere but I still manage to sell mine for $25 because people want quality.
I started making bows for my girls because I got some from gymbo and they were crap. You are always going to have people who want to go the cheap way and other people who understand quality over a cheap price.
Those TCP butterflies are disposable and people know it. They buy a butterfly clip that is well made, that is something that is cherished.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:15

I was at Target today and saw a lady saying how cute the bows were and she loading her cart up! I walked by trying to let her see my dd bow she was wearing so she could see it was cuter! Its annoying and I wanted to hide all of those bows at Target.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:27

There are companies that mass produce bows like butterflies, etc. They are all over the place at buyers markets. I got some great ideas of how to package and sell sets while I was at market!! The quality just did not seem that great.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniflower View Post
I was at Target today and saw a lady saying how cute the bows were and she loading her cart up! I walked by trying to let her see my dd bow she was wearing so she could see it was cuter! Its annoying and I wanted to hide all of those bows at Target.
yeah but the target ones are crap quality and she will realize that. Plus maybe she doesnt know there are other ways to find bows.