New products--alligator clips with teeth
Free bottle cap tutorial/instructions--sealing bottle caps
New products--3' star grosgrain ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/40yd-solid-grosgrain-ribbon-combo.jpg
New products--hip scottie III
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/24pc-inter-daisy-hb-cmb.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-03-2010, 04:25

Default Re: Attaching flowers to military hats?

I like the pin idea too, BUT I do it the ally clip way so the mom can wear the flower on her hat or her dds hair... and mix and match.. Plus I don't want to have to make flowers for hat and flowers for hair.. That is why I use the ally clips.

I don't think it matters. I do it vertically because it's not as noticable if anyone ever wants to wear their hats plain w/out a flower.

My dh wear a black hat and his friend are always teasing him asking him where his flower is. I think the hat looks good on my dh! Has any of your dh's stole any of your hats to wear for themselves?
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif
Old 02-03-2010, 04:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
My dh wear a black hat and his friend are always teasing him asking him where his flower is. I think the hat looks good on my dh! Has any of your dh's stole any of your hats to wear for themselves?
Yes! In fact, just last night. I had these out trying to figure out how to attach the flowers, and my hubby, as a joke, tried one on. Then he saw his reflection in the window and goes, "Hey, these are cool. I want one." He ended up stealing three in different colors!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
I glue a pinback to the flower instead of the alligator clip. They could also use it on a jacket or sweater.
That's also how I do it.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:42

haha.. that's what my dh did as well. He tried ever single color on and finally kept the black, charcoal, and camo... BUT I took the charcoal back and he's never wore the camo. He likes the Magic hats because he has a fat head, but I like the Northeast hats because I have a tiny head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staciem View Post
Yes! In fact, just last night. I had these out trying to figure out how to attach the flowers, and my hubby, as a joke, tried one on. Then he saw his reflection in the window and goes, "Hey, these are cool. I want one." He ended up stealing three in different colors!
Old 02-09-2010, 12:55

I have never done hats. But I have a hat in my closet I never wear and now I know what I am gonna do with it
Old 04-13-2010, 09:22

Does anyone just glue right on to the hat??
That is what I was thinking of doing. Hot glue okay?
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.