http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/7-8-50yd-grosgrain-animal-print-combo-103114.jpg
New product--1' circle punch/paper shaper for bottle cap picture
New products--Ribbon wrapped 50mm snap clips
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/120pc-2.5-korker-assorted-.JPG

turtle embellishments--ribbon sculpture

skull rockabilly grosgrain ribbon

braided headband base

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-02-2010, 02:38

Default Re: thread??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlilhunnybee876 View Post
I use the Zebco brand from walmart and it's called Omniflex it is the one that holds up to 20lbs. HTH!
Ok thanks I will try that too

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:48

I use upholestry thread, haven't even thought about using fishing line. Good idea.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyBoo View Post
I use upholestry thread, haven't even thought about using fishing line. Good idea.
I think it would be much cheaper!! Its worth a try!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:53

I use a Gator Bite and tie mine and I use crochet thread and it works well. I'm going to start sewing through the layers after I tie them for added security. I really love the creases I get from tying them. Otherwise, my creases look like Pee Wee Herman did them. LOL! Also, I've heard people use emroidery floss to sew with, as well.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby2000 View Post
I use a Gator Bite and tie mine and I use crochet thread and it works well. I'm going to start sewing through the layers after I tie them for added security. I really love the creases I get from tying them. Otherwise, my creases look like Pee Wee Herman did them. LOL! Also, I've heard people use emroidery floss to sew with, as well.
lol @ Pee Wee Herman!!!
What is a gator bite??
I have only made a few bows and they sucked
Old 02-02-2010, 03:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssamg View Post
lol @ Pee Wee Herman!!!
What is a gator bite??
I have only made a few bows and they sucked
Awww, Alyssa. I bet they don't suck. I understand what you're saying, though. Before I discovered this site my bows were pitiful. I'd love to help in any kind of way that I can. I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm pretty happy with the way my bows look now compared to when I first started.

Here I am peddling my own threads. I did this little thread for beginner bow makers if you are interested: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...arter-kit.html. It lists lots of links and basic things you might want to have as you get started. It has the link to the Gator Bite on there, as well. I love the Gator Bite! It's basically a big clip with teeth that dig into the ribbon and holds it in place while you tie your bow. It makes the best creases. Let me know if you need any help navigating anything.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:23

Quote:
Awww, Alyssa. I bet they don't suck. I understand what you're saying, though. Before I discovered this site my bows were pitiful. I'd love to help in any kind of way that I can. I'm not an expert or anything, but I'm pretty happy with the way my bows look now compared to when I first started.

Here I am peddling my own threads. I did this little thread for beginner bow makers if you are interested: http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/how-m...arter-kit.html. It lists lots of links and basic things you might want to have as you get started. It has the link to the Gator Bite on there, as well. I love the Gator Bite! It's basically a big clip with teeth that dig into the ribbon and holds it in place while you tie your bow. It makes the best creases. Let me know if you need any help navigating anything.
Yeah.. they do!! I am here to improve them though! Im not sure where I found this forum at, but I have been searching for months for some help!! I have been going though the tutorial links and I think I am going to be able to do this!! Gotta start somewhere though!!

And thanks for the guide! Its gonna help BIG TIME!!!

Last edited by Alyssamg; 02-02-2010 at 03:41.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:35

I actually use the crochet thread and sew through the layers and love it. It does make for a really nice crease. I just make sure the needle I'm using had a larger eye.

Quote:
Old 02-03-2010, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcks2001 View Post
I actually use the crochet thread and sew through the layers and love it. It does make for a really nice crease. I just make sure the needle I'm using had a larger eye.
There is so much more to bow making than I thought!!
Wow Im excited!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:31

I love upholstery thread!
Sponsored Links