new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-02-2010, 12:44

Default when lining with tape

when lining with double sided tape do you place the tape onto the ribbon, peel off and then place that onto the alligator clip?

Cuz i was putting the tape on the alligator clip, pulling off the tape and then putting the ribbon on it
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 12:47

Default Re: when lining with tape

I put it on the ribbon first, then put the ribbon and tape on the clip. Seems to work just fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myztic View Post
when lining with double sided tape do you place the tape onto the ribbon, peel off and then place that onto the alligator clip?

Cuz i was putting the tape on the alligator clip, pulling off the tape and then putting the ribbon on it
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10

o ok thanks, i think itll be alot easier doing it your way too
Old 02-02-2010, 01:19

I always cut my ribbon long enough to line 4-5 clips, then put my tape on... Then cut the ribbon the length I need per clip.. then line them. If I only need one clip fast I still do it that way and I just save the ribbon w/ the tape until I'm ready. It saves time IMO.. But I also like to line clips.
Is it a stress release for anyone else or am I just crazy?
Old 02-02-2010, 01:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
I always cut my ribbon long enough to line 4-5 clips, then put my tape on... Then cut the ribbon the length I need per clip.. then line them. If I only need one clip fast I still do it that way and I just save the ribbon w/ the tape until I'm ready. It saves time IMO.. But I also like to line clips.
No-you're not crazy!! I love lining them, too!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:00

Quote:
I like to line clips too but I guess I was making it more work than it should be. I was cutting and sealing a bunch of ribbon in 4.5" pieces then adding my tape. Then when I was watching TV or when I had some time or whatever I would just grab my ribbon and my clips and start linning them. I found a couple times when my ribbon was a little longer than I wanted it and I had to trim it and reseal it that it kind of melted the tape and didn't look quite as nice as when I sealed the ribbon before adding the tape. Any tips to sealing once the tape is added?

Diane
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03

Umm.. I just use a lighter and seal the ribbon while one side of the tape is on the ribbon and the other has the white paper covering it.. I've never had a problem. Every once inawhile it will burn a little more then I intended, but I just put that part on the inside of the clip and it's not noticable.
Maybe you are leaving your lighter on to long..
Old 02-02-2010, 02:55

I do this as well. Actually my clippie lining addicition since I got my new tape is reflected in my etsy store.

Check out my Savings Fan Page
Old 02-03-2010, 12:08

Quote:
Umm.. I just use a lighter and seal the ribbon while one side of the tape is on the ribbon and the other has the white paper covering it.. I've never had a problem. Every once inawhile it will burn a little more then I intended, but I just put that part on the inside of the clip and it's not noticable.
Maybe you are leaving your lighter on to long..
Hummmm maybe...I usually don't seal my ribbon when the tape is on it but every once in a while the ribbon is a little longer than I want it to be and I've already taken the paper backing off so I have to cut the ribbon and tape a little bit shorter and reseal the ribbon...it sort of melts the tape into a glob I hate globs Luckily I don't have to do that too often.

Diane
Old 02-03-2010, 12:42

where do you all get this double-sided tape? I line my clips for my flowers and feathers and I hear great things about it
Sponsored Links
300-700-forum-banners
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies