http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-02-2010, 10:53

Default stacking a korker

I have been making korker all morning and they are driving me crazy. When I'm done and they are all sewn up. I fluff them and look at them. All the korkers are korking around each other making it ugly. How do you stack the korks on the needle. I try to make them go in different directions but it isn't making a difference. Thanks
Brook

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:01

Default Re: stacking a korker

You stack them in the same curl direction but every other one inside out.. .Oh goodness I can't explain it...
Maybe the pics will help.
The first korker will curl up the second under, up, under... you do every other one opposite
Does that make sense??

Put the needle through the ribbon then the next korker the opposite side of the ribbon..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0905.jpg (58.3 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0906.jpg (53.9 KB, 91 views)
Old 02-02-2010, 11:02

You will have few that curl together and I usually just manually undo tangle them and they should stay untangled if you sew every other one opposite.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:03

Also are you stacking in a circle or directly on top of one another... I usually do mine in a circle and not on top of each other.. .Just the middles are on top of each other.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:03

Oh thank you!! Ive been having this problem too!!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:09

Do you understand what I'm saying to do?? I'm not an expert, I just saw that somewhere and that's how I do mine and it seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebug*sbows View Post
Oh thank you!! Ive been having this problem too!!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:20

Yeah I understand. Im going to try it today. And, I havent been stacking in a circle. Ive just been doing an X everytime then rearragnging. think I will try the circle, sounds easier Thanks so much!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeDesigns View Post
Do you understand what I'm saying to do?? I'm not an expert, I just saw that somewhere and that's how I do mine and it seems to work.
I was having this problem too! I'm going to try this tonight! Thank you!
Old 02-02-2010, 12:14

Oh thank you so much. I will have to try that on my last one and see if it works for me. I may kork some more too so I will have lots more to practice on. Thank you
Old 02-02-2010, 12:33

My korkers look just fine until they are worn a couple times. Then they start to roll into each other. I tried starching, it helps a little, but with some wear they start rolling into each other again.
I wish an expert would give us some good advise.
Because I am afraid to sell them now. I just think of all the korkers I sold, what do they look like right now?
wholesale rompers, dresses, bloomers, hat, headbands, leg warmers, flower layers, tulle, boutique clothing and other craft supplies