New product--2.5' Zebra Printed Grosgrain Ribbon
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/banners/peace-sign-grosgrain-ribbon-ads.jpg
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/7-8-grosgrain-ribbon-volleyball-forest-green.jpg
New Instructions--How to make korker hair bow using a korker box hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon korker for hair bows, hair clips, baby women, toddler, girl, adult, floral design, birthday holiday gift wrapping
New product--star ribbon for cheer bows

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-02-2010, 08:56

Default when you are making a gagillion lined clippies at once how do you...

...cut your tape quickly? That step is taking me forever and driving me crazy!!!
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03

Default Re: when you are making a gagillion lined clippies at once how do you...

Someone on here posted a tutorial for a gaget they had made for lining a ton of clips at once....
Old 02-02-2010, 09:04

Default Re: when you are making a gagillion lined clippies at once how do you...

...I'm pretty sure it doesn't cut your tape for you though....lol!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:46

I put most of the ribbon onto the tape and then cut between the ribbon. I end up with like 10 feet of taped ribbon to cut apart, but it goes quicker for me.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:13

That's what I do as well...
I cut how every long I'd need for 10 clips and then put the tape on the ribbon... then I cut the ribbon w/ the tape on it, head seal and line away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedancer201 View Post
I put most of the ribbon onto the tape and then cut between the ribbon. I end up with like 10 feet of taped ribbon to cut apart, but it goes quicker for me.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:07

Cut and seal the ribbon and send it home with my mother and she lines it on the tape all the way to the end and then cuts all of it and then lines the clips while she watches tv. She does about 300-400 for me every two weeks.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:13

That makes sense everyone thanks so much for the info! I get such a mind block sometimes on how to do things more effenciently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bling4Bella View Post
Cut and seal the ribbon and send it home with my mother and she lines it on the tape all the way to the end and then cuts all of it and then lines the clips while she watches tv. She does about 300-400 for me every two weeks.

And can I send my ribbon and tape home with your mother too?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:48

I want to make sure I'm understanding this right. So you would cut and heat seal a piece say 2 yds. long. Run a piece down that whole lenght of ribbon and then cut and heatseal individual pieces for clippies? Can you use the woodburner to cut and seal with the tape on? I just bought 2 rolls of Specialty Tape and I'm afraid to use it, lol

Old 02-02-2010, 10:57

LOL.. she wouldn't mind doing it at all. My mother tries to help any way possible since she isn't close enough to babysit.

My father also will pick up all the strips from the tape while my mother is lining the clips they have their system down it's just a lot easier to make them all at once. I try to keep 500 or more clips lined and ready at all times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansribbons View Post
That makes sense everyone thanks so much for the info! I get such a mind block sometimes on how to do things more effenciently.

And can I send my ribbon and tape home with your mother too?
Old 02-02-2010, 11:00

No I cutand heat seal each piece of ribbon then my mother lines it on the tape and will do the whole roll this way then cut down the strip in between the ribbon and then lines the clips.

HTH

Desiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjovais View Post
I want to make sure I'm understanding this right. So you would cut and heat seal a piece say 2 yds. long. Run a piece down that whole lenght of ribbon and then cut and heatseal individual pieces for clippies? Can you use the woodburner to cut and seal with the tape on? I just bought 2 rolls of Specialty Tape and I'm afraid to use it, lol
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.