New product--2.5' Mini Korker Bows
Hip girl boutique 50mm grosgrain ribbon wrapped snap clips for baby girl, toddler, infant, newborn, adult, women, school http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/Shabby-frayed-chiffon-flowers-turq.JPG
new products--dippin dots mini pinwheel bow
hip girl boutique christmas grosgrain satin ribbon collection for holidays

HipGirl Boutique Girls Women 6" Jumbo Large Cheer Bow Elastic Hair Tie Ponytail Holder for High School College Cheerleading (10pc Assorted Solids)

HipGirl 25pc Hair Bow Clips Headbands Gift Basket: Grosgrain Korker Ribbon Alligator Clips + Crochet, Ribbon Wrapped Headbans, For Girls Babies Teens Kids Toddlers Adults. For Pigtails, Ponytails

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-10-2010, 11:45

Default Re: Skinny headbands

ooooh! I really like them! So, are we doing a group buy on these?? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_stinkypants_mom View Post
Yay! Got my samples today! The quality IMO is very nice. I ordered snips of a ton of samples that I haven't gotten to go through yet, and I ordered 2 yds in the dark purple and the fuchsia color to test as headbands.

They are 1/4" wide, but are thicker (more padded) than the foe headbands, so they don't feel as light on the head-does that make sense? They are satin faced and they are really nice. I got them .35/yd so I asked her if there is a discount with multiple yds ordered.

Anyway, here are some pictures. Brynnley does not like wearing headbands so on top of that, and it being 11pm and she is STILL up doesn't help. Haha I tried to get one of us both too with a bigger purple flower that I stuck on the dk purple one to see what it would look like.
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53

I'm waiting to hear back from her on pricing and if she'll do a discount. Tomorrow I'll go through the little scraps to see the other colors that she has on hand.

ETA: Ok I just looked at the samples. There is one little sample that is just a tad thinner than these and it stretches really easily and almost feels like a velvet but it's really thin. I'm going to ask her about that one too.

Last edited by princess_stinkypants_mom; 02-10-2010 at 11:59.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:42

I really like them

Cant wait to hear updates and see when we might start getting a buy together
Old 02-11-2010, 08:44

I love those! So adorable!!!!! Cant wait to do a group buy!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49

Oh, does anyone know about little flowers? I can google it but was just wondering if anyone else has researched it...
Old 02-11-2010, 08:52

The headbands you made out the elastic look great! Did you have to stitch the elastic together or glue? I'm interested too!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:08

Smile Re: Skinny headbands

http://www.7beads.com/Merchant2/merc...egory_Code=TRB

I found this site that has elastic in bulk if anyone was looking for more options
Old 02-11-2010, 09:16

I looked at that site-the pics are really hard to see. I emailed her to ask more about it.

The satin is available in black, white, dark purple and fuchsia on a spool. If we buy a spool (about 250 yds on a spool), it's .25/yd. Even if we buy direct it's .30/yd. She's going to check on getting some other colors.

I also asked about the one sample from last night that is a little thinner than 1/4" and it was as soft and stretchy as our regular FOE.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetapplekid View Post
The headbands you made out the elastic look great! Did you have to stitch the elastic together or glue? I'm interested too!!!
Sorry, forgot to answer your question! I stitched those, but glue would probably work just as well. I glued the flower on and then cut a small circle of felt out to glue to the flower with the headband underneath it. I've been searching for flowers but no luck yet. It looks like only about 1".

As for the light pink elastic that I was talking about from the sample, she just dyed that with RIT or kool-aid! So, that might be an option because we could possibly do certain colors, but it would also give the option of ordering white and dying yourself if you wanted a different specific color. I'm thinking I may like those better because they were softer. I'm going to get a sample of that too.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:29

What do you think about these? Close?

http://www.afloral.com/Silk-Flowers-...-Spray-in-Pink
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/whimsydoodlegraphics.gif