New product--flat back resin
ecommerce web hosting
New product--frog grosgrain ribbon
New product--5/8' dippin' dots grosgrain ribbon
New product--pop dots

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-02-2011, 04:47
Default Re: Skinny headbands

Originally Posted by kksand View Post
I just went to Joanne's and thought I hit the jackpot! I saw a sign that said 50% off and found all five colors. I went to check out only to find out they were excluded from the So, I just got two stems and plan on buying more on sale! I just could not wait to make a few.....the ones I made so far are super cute! The 17" fit both my 3 year old and me! Woohoo! Thanks for sharing the info on these....
Glad you found them!!
Sponsored Links for Hipgirls RevA.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:21

I found some on clearance tonight at Joann's for 97 cents! Yes, .97....and they were b1g1 free today for President's day!! So, I got two stems for .97 cents (approximately 16 useable flowers).

I had bought a few colors full price last week and am going to return them because they were all b1g1 today (only one color was on clearance). The ones that were on clearance had a multi-tone to them with olive accents....kind of looked like these:

I meant to take a pic earlier and post, but had left DH with DD while I went to Joann's and they were both ready for me to be home...had my hands full! Hopefully some of you girls can find them on clearance!! They only had two there today...kind of wish they had more.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:59

Originally Posted by sweetapplekid View Post
Good find on the flowers. I think that they are cute and small. These type of flowers seem to be popular right now especially w/ crystals in the center.

I like add felt to the back of my headbands and flowers too. I think that it looks a bit more finished. I just have the hardest time though cutting nice circles. I am a bit a of a perfectionist. I'd love to have a machine cut them for be but I am sure that the machine would be super pricey.

Hey check in the scrapbook section alot of times they have presses that cut out circles....I use my cricket
Old 05-17-2011, 09:16

I've actually made these before, I just hot glue them onto the elastic, I just wore this one to work the other day also
Old 10-04-2011, 03:47

Oh poop! I was really enjoying reading all this..just put my babies to bed and came out to read in peace..but now it's all over!! Thanks heaps for all the tips girls..I was trying to figure out how to attach my singed flowers to pre-made hair ties..think the felt thing should solve my problem! You're all amazing!
Sponsored Links