http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/mini-pinwheel-bow-snap-clips-22pc.jpg
New product--3' everyday (pinwheel) hair bow/hairbow clips

New products--grosgrain ribbon mini bows
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/peony-hair-flower-clips-red-ad.jpg
New product--Silk Geraniums

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-31-2011, 02:43

Default Re: Skinny headbands

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVS918 View Post
So funny that I found this thread tonight...I was just thinking about these exact flowers (I see them A LOT on Etsy lately) and was wondering where they were from...and low and behold...Hip Girls to the rescue! lol! Thanks!

I just looked up the flowers on JoAnn's website...pretty sure they're called "Pom Pom Rose" from the Home Inspirations line. Just wanted to share!

Liz
YES, that's what they're called! I didn't make it out today but I looked them up on a Joann receipt. I still can't find them on their website though! Can you link directly to it? They're 3.99 for a stem of 5-8 not on sale.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVS918 View Post
So funny that I found this thread tonight...I was just thinking about these exact flowers (I see them A LOT on Etsy lately) and was wondering where they were from...and low and behold...Hip Girls to the rescue! lol! Thanks!

I just looked up the flowers on JoAnn's website...pretty sure they're called "Pom Pom Rose" from the Home Inspirations line. Just wanted to share!

Liz
Yes, that's what they're called and I just found them. They also have red and white online and I've never seen those colors in the store. I didn't make it out to Joann today but I looked at a receipt I had. Why didn't I think to do THAT earlier?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
YES, that's what they're called! I didn't make it out today but I looked them up on a Joann receipt. I still can't find them on their website though! Can you link directly to it? They're 3.99 for a stem of 5-8 not on sale.
i found them but they are OOS since they are on sale for $1.99
Fold Over Elastic, Shabby Flowers and so much MORE

Private Facebook Group ~ HERE
Buy direct! www.finernecessities.com
Click Here to Visit Our Etsy Shop

Website design starting at $40! PM for info
~Mommy to 5 in my arms and 2 in Jesus' arms~

Old 01-31-2011, 09:14

I love love love these headbands!!! I wear them plain all the time!! I get mine from walmart in the hair section tho for me lol. I want to make some as well I saw on sweet baby boutique she has white and black for .26 cents a yard...I might have to me a whole bunch unless that is an expensive price but I don't think it is.

Natashia
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32

I was just at my Joanns - they didn't have them!
I think I'll have to order them from the website instead...I hate paying shipping! lol!

Thanks for the info! SOOO glad to finally know where to get them!
Old 01-31-2011, 11:30

You know, I thought at first that mine didn't have them either. They REALLY hide until you know what your're looking for. I sent dh yesterday since I didn't feel well and he had one of the flowers in his pocket so that he could find them. He claimed they weren't there. I KNOW they have them, lol.
Anyway, I am one of the etsy sellers of these and I had a photographer contact me a couple of days ago saying that she needed to know how to make them as gifts for her clients. She only needed a few and she had ordered some from another etsy seller but they keep falling apart, blah, blah, blah.
So, being how I am I tell her EVERYTHING except where to get the flowers. I link her to my elastic lady (I think I'll check out bitsybands though), tell her about the felt circle, and offer to sell her some individual flowers since they weren't available online (I didn't think that they were since I could never find them). She comes back later and says "I found them online for about $2 a stem". I was like you did, where?? She NEVER replied
After I tell her *exactly* how to make them, UGH. Now I'm guessing that she found them at Joann.com and I hope SO much that they were sold out when she went to buy them, lol.
Anyway it made me mad that after giving her all that info., she ignored me when I asked where she found them for that price. So, that's what made me decide to come here and spill the beans.
I've lurked here off and one for info. about FOE, stocking headbands, etc. so I thought, what better place?
I just got a convo. from someone (at etsy) that said "Can you tell me where you get those little flowers and how to make the headbands?". YEAH, RIGHT! I deleted it. I'm not giving anymore info. to anyone since I see what I get back when I need a little info.
***Starting Friday ALL flowers at Joann will be 1/2 price meaning they'll be $1.99 a stem.***
Old 02-01-2011, 09:22

Well she sounds, umm, unpleasant (I'm editing - lol)! I don't mind sharing, but when it's not reciprocated, well that just stinks. You can't give away all your info, especially not to a random person on Etsy. You work hard, and so should they!
I will have to try Joann's again - I was there with my 2 youngest kiddos, so I was a bit distracted! Next time it will be a solo trip!
Old 02-02-2011, 02:51

that really stinks! i dont like when you try to help someone out and then ask for a favor and they ignore you! NOT COOL!

Dumb questions.. what is FOE? I am in love with this thread and keep seeing FOE and can't figure it out..
Old 02-02-2011, 05:10

I just went to Joanne's and thought I hit the jackpot! I saw a sign that said 50% off and found all five colors. I went to check out only to find out they were excluded from the sale....lol. So, I just got two stems and plan on buying more on sale! I just could not wait to make a few.....the ones I made so far are super cute! The 17" fit both my 3 year old and me! Woohoo! Thanks for sharing the info on these....
Old 02-02-2011, 05:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwinebrenner View Post
that really stinks! i dont like when you try to help someone out and then ask for a favor and they ignore you! NOT COOL!

Dumb questions.. what is FOE? I am in love with this thread and keep seeing FOE and can't figure it out..
FOE stands for fold over elastic. It's a kind of elastic to make headbands out of. There have been lots of threads on it.
Sponsored Links