new products--lined 30mm snap clips--printed grosgrain ribbon
Offray Dr. Seuss Craft Ribbon: 18 Feet 7/8 Inch Satin Fabric Craft Ribbon For Gift Package Wrapping,Hairbow Clips,Sewing,Wedding,Scrapbook,Boy Girl Baby Shower-(2x3yd Thing One Thing Two New Fish)
New products--paper bow cards
New product--clear shopping bags
New products--7/8' peace sign ribbon
Hipgirl 36 Yards 1/8" Satin Fabric Ribbon Set, Double Face For Gift Package Wrapping, Double Bar Barrette Clip Making, Crafting, Sewing, Wedding Decor, Boy Girl Baby Shower-(18x2yd Boutique Ribbons)
new products--gymbo dot grosgrain mini bows-diy
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/20pc-korker-ribbon-combo.jpg

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 12-16-2010, 06:46

Default Re: Skinny headbands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabuzzz View Post
This is a great thread. I love all the pics of the finished headbands. They look great! Any news on a gb for the elastic or flowers?

So if I use fabri-tac on the elastic, I just overlap a little and glue? That's it? I'm new to all of this and want to make sure it will hold well. TIA
I don't know about a GB but here's a member that sells the elastic and where I got mine- she has LOTS of colors and a couple different sizes!
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/ribbo...29-colors.html
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2010, 01:17

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davang1027 View Post
I don't know about a GB but here's a member that sells the elastic and where I got mine- she has LOTS of colors and a couple different sizes!
http://hipgirlclips.com/forums/ribbo...29-colors.html
Old 12-20-2010, 01:06

I think most of the hipgirls I've heard from shop bitsybands.com for the elastic since she's a member and we get the discounts and info here. She has (or will soon have) all sizes and I think the selection is the best.

Last edited by knottyspoolgirl; 12-20-2010 at 03:21.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:34

Do you guys know where to find the identical flowers as in the first picture? They're availabe in about five different colors. I know where to get them and I'm happy to share the info. Oh, I can also share the place to get 1/8" colored elastic for a good price without dying your own.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
Do you guys know where to find the identical flowers as in the first picture? They're availabe in about five different colors. I know where to get them and I'm happy to share the info. Oh, I can also share the place to get 1/8" colored elastic for a good price without dying your own.
I'd love to know where to find the flowers, if you're willing to share. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:03

JOANN FABRIC & CRAFTS
Every single Joann store carries these. They come on a stalk with 5-7 of the size you want and about 10 teeny ones that are good for nothing and I throw away. Of course, try to get the stem with as many of the larger (1") size as possible. I think the most I've ever found on one stem is eight.
They come in pink, cream, rust, gold/mustard, and wine. These are the main colors, they all have hints of other colors too.
They're not easy to find but they're in the part where all of the stems are arranged by color so just keep your eyes peeled.
I think full price is $4.99 or so but you can use a coupon as long as they're not on sale or they're often on sale for buy one get one 1/2 price
There are two etsy sellers (at least) who carry the 1/8" elastic in various colors. One is ElasticByTheYard and the other one, I can't think of right now but if you do a search under "supplies" in the drop down box and put in 1/8 skinny elastic, both shops will come up.
There's also no reason to sew. Just use Fabric-Tac and overlap the two edges. Hold it in place of about 60 seconds while it firms up. Set aside the headband. Cut a felt circle slightly smaller than the flower. Using your hot glue gun , put a dab of hot glue in the middle of the felt circle. Lay the elastic on top of the glue (where the two edges are overlapped. The put tiny dabs of glue all around the felt circle, lay the flower (no need to take it apart, just cut if off so there's almost no stem left at all), then turn it over and press the edges of the circle all around the under side of the flower.
That's it! I've heard a rumor that they're available online somewhere but for the life of me, I can't find them. However, I am going to Joann tomorrow so I'll see if there's a website or sku # or the company who makes them or something that'll tell me where to order them online. Although I'm at Joann every week anyway so it probably all works out. Hope this helped!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:39

great thread! just what i have been looking for! great job ladies! thank you so much!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:35

Love them. Can't wait to try!
Old 01-30-2011, 06:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmom8497 View Post
JOANN FABRIC & CRAFTS
Every single Joann store carries these. They come on a stalk with 5-7 of the size you want and about 10 teeny ones that are good for nothing and I throw away. Of course, try to get the stem with as many of the larger (1") size as possible. I think the most I've ever found on one stem is eight.
They come in pink, cream, rust, gold/mustard, and wine. These are the main colors, they all have hints of other colors too.
They're not easy to find but they're in the part where all of the stems are arranged by color so just keep your eyes peeled.
I think full price is $4.99 or so but you can use a coupon as long as they're not on sale or they're often on sale for buy one get one 1/2 price
There are two etsy sellers (at least) who carry the 1/8" elastic in various colors. One is ElasticByTheYard and the other one, I can't think of right now but if you do a search under "supplies" in the drop down box and put in 1/8 skinny elastic, both shops will come up.
There's also no reason to sew. Just use Fabric-Tac and overlap the two edges. Hold it in place of about 60 seconds while it firms up. Set aside the headband. Cut a felt circle slightly smaller than the flower. Using your hot glue gun , put a dab of hot glue in the middle of the felt circle. Lay the elastic on top of the glue (where the two edges are overlapped. The put tiny dabs of glue all around the felt circle, lay the flower (no need to take it apart, just cut if off so there's almost no stem left at all), then turn it over and press the edges of the circle all around the under side of the flower.
That's it! I've heard a rumor that they're available online somewhere but for the life of me, I can't find them. However, I am going to Joann tomorrow so I'll see if there's a website or sku # or the company who makes them or something that'll tell me where to order them online. Although I'm at Joann every week anyway so it probably all works out. Hope this helped!

Thanks so much for the info! I have a JoAnn's near me that I haven't been to in forever, so I'll have to stop by! I agree about gluing, although I hot glue and do the felt circle method. Very secure - doesn't come apart and so much faster (although I still sew my 5/8" FOE headbands...)!

Thanks again
Old 01-30-2011, 08:37

So funny that I found this thread tonight...I was just thinking about these exact flowers (I see them A LOT on Etsy lately) and was wondering where they were from...and low and behold...Hip Girls to the rescue! lol! Thanks!

I just looked up the flowers on JoAnn's website...pretty sure they're called "Pom Pom Rose" from the Home Inspirations line. Just wanted to share!

Liz
Sponsored Links