5/8" polka dot grosgrain ribbon
Hip Girl Boutique It's a girl grosgrain satin ribbon collection
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/200pc-crochet-headband-combo.jpg

hip girl boutique grosgrain mini bow tie single prong alligator hair bow clips for baby infant new born women girl adult

http://www.hipgirlclips.com/affiliate_alt_ads/hair-bow-holder-craft-show-display-180.jpg
New products--Crochet headbands

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 03-01-2010, 10:55

Default Re: Skinny headbands

Marking
Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2010, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpom02 View Post
okay on mine I had covered the elastic too, but after adding the felt I realized that it didn't matter because you don't see it after you cover it with felt. The felt I used it from Joanns off the bolts, but you might be able to use the sheets of felt from Joanns?!? I just hot glued all my petals together so I knew they wouldn't come apart, then I hot glued it on the elastic as like a "stay put for the moment". Then I cut out a cirlce of the felt, put hot glue ALL over it and just slapped it on the bottom of the flower. It ends up covering the sewn part of the elastic as well as the bottom of the flower. It looks nice and clean and since its all fabric like I wasn't worried about using hot glue because I know its strong on that.
I did exactly the same thing. I had some felt from the bolts, but used the sheets instead and they still looked good.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:29

ahhh lol looks like a trip to JA's is in order this week lol. Plus I think the felt would make it a bit more comfy for the lil' ones wearing the bands kwim? Gosh you girls are smarties. Thanks for sharing your ideas and info.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_stinkypants_mom View Post
Ok, just FYI: do not use the Dritz braided elastic to dye-that's what I used on that pink and it hardly dyed. I had some stretch rite and threw that in and it was like a fuchsia pink within 2 minutes! Worked much better!

What type of elastic is it that dyes the best (i.e. the percentage of elastic/acetate, etc.)? I am in Canada and will have to find elastic at the fabric store here and I am sure that the brand names will be different. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:08

no problem! good luck. Once you figure out how to make the first one, watch out because they are addicting!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetapplekid View Post
What type of elastic is it that dyes the best (i.e. the percentage of elastic/acetate, etc.)? I am in Canada and will have to find elastic at the fabric store here and I am sure that the brand names will be different. Thanks!
I'll have to check when I get home tonight. I believe the Dritz said 55% polyester and I think the rest was rubber. I looked online and I think the stretch rite is 70% polyester and 30% rubber. That's why I thought the Dritz would dye better because the polyester doesn't take as well as cotton, etc. or will dye a lot lighter, but I didn't have any problems with the stretch rite in that pink-I can try to post a picture of the difference-the dritz is such a pale pink it almost looks white and the stretch rite is like a bright french pink color
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33

So, I'm kicking myself for throwing away my package. But, from searching it looks like what I used was 70% polyester and 30% was spandex. I used Singer 1/4" not braided. It dyed very well.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:01

Here are mine

I got my elastic online and I am going to write to them to see if she carries any other colors and would consider discounting or wholesaling. It was very cheap and shipped fast and i really like it but she only carries three colors in her 1/8 elastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackyellowskinny.jpg (30.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg bubba 098.jpg (24.2 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg bubba 099.jpg (22.0 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg bubba 108.jpg (24.9 KB, 114 views)
Old 03-11-2010, 01:59

I made a new one and I love it even more than the first. I apologize because I know the pic is going to be huge! But just click on my link if you can't really see it well (and for more pics).

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=42442719
Old 03-11-2010, 03:13

I found them in any color that we could have, however 10,000 yards per color might be a tad much
Sponsored Links
http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/large/portrait-editing-ads-700.jpg