http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/disney-minnie-mickey-mouse-ribbon-52yd-store.jpg zebra grosgrain ribbon-new colors http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/20pc-1.5in-petal-flower-clips-cm.jpg http://www.hipgirlclips.com/store/images/medium/3-8-frog-grosgrain-ribbon.jpg cheetah animal prints grosgrain ribbon grosgrain ribbon korkers
HipGirl 12pc Grosgrain Ribbon Wrapped 1/2" Headbands + Matching Large Hair Bow Alligator Clips. Interchangable Assorted Fashion Accessory for Girl Women Teen Kid Toddler Children Adult

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 02-24-2010, 09:14

Default Re: Skinny headbands

Very cute, I will have to try that with my daughter. She is 8.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebug*sbows View Post
I couldnt take it anymore and went to wally world and got some girls Goody's no slip headbands then went to Hobby Lobby and found some amazing flowers. Which are 50% off this week ladies! So heres the pics of mine. It doesnt fit a baby It was too big for my little bug. So I will be buying some elastic and dying it to make headbands LOL

Also, the flowers came in a huge bunch. They are three different sizes of single layers. So I just stacked them to give it some body
It's adorable! Would you be able to just cut the headband and then resew it to fit an infant? Just a thought!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookilicious View Post
It's adorable! Would you be able to just cut the headband and then resew it to fit an infant? Just a thought!
YES!! You can do this...I just made one for my daughter with ones from Walmart and it turned out SUPER-CUTE!!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24

I can't take it either...picked up some elastic and Rit Dye at the store last night and came on to read the dye directions again!!

I have some of those Goody no slip headbands ~ or my daughter does. She doesn't like them though...they are thick and they just slip off. I'm excited to try this!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookilicious View Post
Thats brilliant!! I didnt even think of it! Thank you!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:12

It looks good, where did you get the elastic from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchofbows View Post
Ok here is my died pink/hot pink elastic and I made a headband from it, too.

I made the headband to fit a size 3-6 month old. It was pretty easy. I did the 4 cup hot water with rit dye that someone did earlier on this post. It is not as pretty rounded as a store bought elastic, but with a mild stretch you don't see any white. I need to get this on a baby, but don't have one.

Lisa
Old 02-24-2010, 12:29

Ok i went today and there were 2 different kind. There were some that looked like a pony O but they were headbands and they dint have the no slip. and there were some black ones that were 4 something for a 6 pack and those were about 1/4, they had the no slip inside but they were kind of shinny, they did not look like something you can dye and they were scruchi brand. Might those be it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyrose305 View Post
Yes, there was 8 in the pack (I think). I don't have the tag anymore but I think they were Scrunchi brand.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:40

Ok so this is what i found at Target, they are 1/8 but i'm not sure if these are it, there were some 1/4 in blk only but those were shinny, i don't think that material can be dyed. I also found the little flowers at Michaels but i think it the flower is too small for these headbands so i think i need 1/4 head bands
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hho 004.jpg (78.0 KB, 155 views)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:39

I was at Walmart today and thought about trying this with their hb. The scruncii ones are too expensive, like 6 for $4. However, I did find these 12 packs by Conair, a lovely mix of light pink, brown, khaki, and ivory in 3 different sizes, 1/2", 1/4" and shoestring. They are really soft, but don't have the no slip grip on them. They were only $2.50 though! That's like 20 cents a piece...which is cheaper than anywhere else I found...and I don't have to dye anything! Here's a pic of the elastic I found...and then just to see what they look like with a flower clipped to it just for fun. because you can see the clip, I don't like this option, lol. I would just sew/glue to hb.
None.jpg

blackflower.jpg

2010-02-24_20.30.38.jpg

Last edited by cobyshayngirl; 02-24-2010 at 10:28.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiluvbows View Post
It looks good, where did you get the elastic from?

I got the elastic from Wal-mart. It was $0.97 for 4 yards. 1/8 soft knit elastic.
Sponsored Links