New products--peelnstick double-sided-tape for lining clips
http://www.thehairbowcompany.com/assets/images/affiliateBanners/affiliateBanner3.jpg
hip girl boutique 1" metallic gold gliter sparkle ribbon
hip girl boutique grosgrain ribbon wrapped headbands for girls women baby toddler
hip girl boutique goody ponytail pigtail holder for women girl toddler baby

Go Back   Hip Girl Boutique Free Hair Bow Instructions--Learn how to make hairbows and hair clips, FREE! > Ribbon and Bows > How to make...

How to make... Hairbows, hair clips, bottlecaps, ribbon shirts, flip flop...

Old 01-30-2010, 11:45

Default Tutu Dress Bunches

How do you ladies stop the tulle from bunching? I made two for Halloween for my daugthers and the minute they moved it bunched at the bottom and looked just awful.
Sponsored Links

HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
HipGirl 6pc Set 2.5" Hawaii Hawaiian Plumeria Flower Foam Hair Clip Accessory, Boutique Alligator Clip Assortment. For Bridal Wedding Party Beach Vacation Outfit, Dress. For Girls Teens Kids Adults.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:05

Default Re: Tutu Dress Bunches

Im not sure but maybe its the type of tulle you used. On the dress I made my daughter for halloween I ran out of tulle so I bought a spool of wedding tulle from wal-mart and it bunched up sooooo bad. The tulle I bought on ebay was fine and the tulle from walmart was bunched up in between.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:14

if you dont cut your strips too skinny it wont bunch up...when I used to cut 6 inch tulle into like three strips and loop them on it was horrible and messy..now I just cut the length on the 6 inch tulle and I get straight tutus
Old 02-18-2010, 05:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressupchest View Post
Im not sure but maybe its the type of tulle you used. On the dress I made my daughter for halloween I ran out of tulle so I bought a spool of wedding tulle from wal-mart and it bunched up sooooo bad. The tulle I bought on ebay was fine and the tulle from walmart was bunched up in between.
How do you know which tulle is good? I bought some from Michael's and it is bunching a lot! Can anyone recommend an online source to purchase good quality tulle to make tutu's?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:03

Hobby Lobby's tulle is good quality. I bought some for my first tutu that bunched up with this, but the HL tulle has not done me wrong. And when it's 50% off you can get the sparkle tulle for 2.50!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinasMommy View Post
Hobby Lobby's tulle is good quality. I bought some for my first tutu that bunched up with this, but the HL tulle has not done me wrong. And when it's 50% off you can get the sparkle tulle for 2.50!
Where do you get this tulle at? Like which section?? The only tulle I ever see on sale at hobby lobby is some of the ones in the fabric section that are reg. $2.99 for $1.99 TIA
Old 02-19-2010, 06:39

Spray the tulle with Static Guard or rub some hand lotion on your hands then run your fingers thru the tulle. Helps to get rid of the static build up
Sponsored Links